Car "incident" with no damage?

Posted 15th Oct
Was parked on the side of the road and a lousy parent smacked his side mirror onto mine and drove off. There is no damage to my side mirror that I can notice.

By an insurers definition is this something that needs to declared as there's no damage or injury? I know you can stay shut about it but in the event the other person makes a claim.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Yes, declare it to your insurance now and on future quotes too. That is if you want your premiums to go up.
A pigeon pooped on my car.

Should I declare it to the insurance?

It flew off before I could get it’s details, there was no damage.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 16th Oct
12 Comments
No
No, and unless there's more to the story, the lousy instigator isn't going to make a claim.
God No.

Three wise Monkeys defence.

See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil
If this is a joke what's the punchline?
Yes, declare it to your insurance now and on future quotes too. That is if you want your premiums to go up.
Deano46715/10/2019 22:25

If this is a joke what's the punchline?

Yeah seriously is this a joke? Do you think of declaring it when your car gets a bit dirty?
No damage?

I get more damage from a fly hitting my windscreen. It also costs me a car wash.
Edited by: "J4GG4" 15th Oct
A pigeon pooped on my car.

Should I declare it to the insurance?

It flew off before I could get it’s details, there was no damage.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 16th Oct
In theory, yes.

In practise, no.
Best report it. You never know your mirror may have internal injuries and succumb to them.

At the vary least it will save you from being stereotyped and labelled as a fraudster depriving the insurance industry of statistics and premiums.
If you didnt see it happen would you know it had happened? Use a bit of logic in that situation.
Pull your wing mirrors in next time you park!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants