Groups

Car Insuraance!

just looked at my car and realised some idiot has scratched itz. So I would like to if I would have to pay excess on my insurance as it wasn't my fault? I have fully comp by the way... Thanks

10 Comments

Yes you do.

Yes, excess is always payable dependant on what your claiming for, crash, windowscreen etc.
    If its not your fault then you claim on the other persons insurace and get the excess back. No one to claim against, you pay the excess.

I wouldn't even bother with the insurance, you'll have to pay the excess AND if there is nobody to claim against then it will also coiunt as a fault so you will lose up to 2 years no claims. Do a search for Chips Away and see what they offer. Also ask a local taxi firm who they use, they always know who does the cheapest sprays. Two years back I scrapped the whole side of my car from front to back on a gate, found a local guy who did the whole job for £250.

andycs;8184537

Yes, excess is always payable dependant on what your claiming for, crash, … Yes, excess is always payable dependant on what your claiming for, crash, windowscreen etc.If its not your fault then you claim on the other persons insurace and get the excess back. No one to claim against, you pay the excess.

+1
    not only that but for the next five years you will have to put it down on every insurance quote you get ...... waste of time unless its a big claim....

have you tried T-Cut or is it a really deep scratch?

Original Poster

beamo;8184616

have you tried T-Cut or is it a really deep scratch?

I've thought about tcut but some of thre scratches seem to have took the paint off the car, so it wont take all the scratches out... I dont know who did it as it I only saw it when I went out, but surely I would loose my no claims? I think I'll just take it to Halfords and ask them what I need?

Banned

Its called a no claim bonus for a reason, so making a claim will ruin it and hike your premiums up for next few years

Banned

pugw$sh;8184574

I wouldn't even bother with the insurance, you'll have to pay the excess … I wouldn't even bother with the insurance, you'll have to pay the excess AND if there is nobody to claim against then it will also coiunt as a fault so you will lose up to 2 years no claims. Do a search for Chips Away and see what they offer. Also ask a local taxi firm who they use, they always know who does the cheapest sprays. Two years back I scrapped the whole side of my car from front to back on a gate, found a local guy who did the whole job for £250.

^^^this,dont go to halfords they know f.a!:thumbsup:

If it's just a scratch, albeit a deep one, I'd go to a local coachbuilders/bodyworks place and get them to repair it. Granted, it's not the cheapest job in the world, but depending on the size it may not cost as much as your excess.....

In answer to your original question, yes you do need to pay the excess if you decide to claim...

Original Poster

Paddy Charlie;8184691

Its called a no claim bonus for a reason, so making a claim will ruin it … Its called a no claim bonus for a reason, so making a claim will ruin it and hike your premiums up for next few years

Really, I didnt know that, its quite ridiculus though, why should your no claims bonus be affected if some fool cant park/pull out?! Has antone tried buying a touchup paint, will you be able to see where you apply it?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Amazon prime subscribe & save49
      2. What to do?????812
      3. Iphone 7 - What Case?510
      4. Delayed flight compensation1023

See more discussions