Expired

Car insurance

Found 21st Jan
Hey whats the current car insurance meta, comparison sites or direct?
Community Updates
AskFinance & Utilities
11 Comments
Always comparison ?
Some aren’t on comparison sites. But you should use comparison sites as a base price either way
Original Poster
cmdr_elito1 m ago

Some aren’t on comparison sites. But you should use comparison sites as a b …Some aren’t on comparison sites. But you should use comparison sites as a base price either way

Alright thanks, theres just so many combinations to get the cheapest price with cashback and stuff. I think tesco gives a half deceny price with clubcard
Always seem to get the best quote direct from Aviva. Usually a decent offer on Quidco too.
FUAARRKK13 m ago

Alright thanks, theres just so many combinations to get the cheapest price …Alright thanks, theres just so many combinations to get the cheapest price with cashback and stuff. I think tesco gives a half deceny price with clubcard

Yes but still get a quote before hand, I’ve had to call them to get it reduced many times (with them currently).

Tesco also ask for written proof of no claims so make sure you have you renewal letter from previous company
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 21st Jan
Go on a couple of compare sites, keep a note of the best few , then check on Quidco / TCB for cashback on the quotes . Work out the nett best quote taking into account cashback - then buy that policy via Quidco or TCB (not via the comparison site ) ..
Original Poster
rogparki4 m ago

Go on a couple of compare sites, keep a note of the best few , then check …Go on a couple of compare sites, keep a note of the best few , then check on Quidco / TCB for cashback on the quotes . Work out the nett best quote taking into account cashback - then buy that policy via Quidco or TCB (not via the comparison site ) ..

but if i get a quote on compare the market for Tesco, does that stay the same as with going direct?
FUAARRKK15 m ago

but if i get a quote on compare the market for Tesco, does that stay the …but if i get a quote on compare the market for Tesco, does that stay the same as with going direct?

Its always been the same premium for me on all the ones I've tried in the past , but obviously £50 -£100 cashback makes a nice difference . Also generally the same with home insurance (it was for me in December with Hastings ) . Obviously double check the premium is the same , but in my experience they do not add the cashback onto the premium. TBH I can't remember Tesco ever coming into the frame when checking mine out before .
Edited by: "rogparki" 21st Jan
Use multicar if you can
Last year mine was slightly cheaper going direct.

I did the usual comparison site searches, found one I was happy with and checked on their own site out of curiosity.

Quote was £15 a month cheaper so just went direct.
iirc, Aviva and DirectLine are the 2 big ones who are not on any comparison sites.
As said before use the comparison site and then direct if they offer Quidco or TCB. Remember to clear cookies on the device for cashback!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants