Groups

Car Insurance

For the section "Approximate Vehicle Value" do they require what I paid for it 4 year ago or what it would be worth now with 30,000+ miles on it.

Always confuses me when they dont explain these parts correctly.

Thanks.

6 Comments

Current market value, Although in any case of a claim you'll only get the current market value anyway.

What it's worth now, it doesn't have to be accurate, just an estimate. Check auto trader or something to see what similar spec. cars are going for...

Banned

shauneco;5989929

Current market value, Although in any case of a claim you'll only get the … Current market value, Although in any case of a claim you'll only get the current market value anyway.

+1:thumbsup:

go to what car website and get free valuation based on your vehicle as well as mileage.Of course it is today's value and not what it was years ago...:D

Original Poster

Thanks all, Got quoted £440 to stay with my existing insurer, I can now get it with admiral for £260 with all the bells and whistles and £0 excess, have to pay it in 1 payment but worth it.

milewide;5990424

Thanks all, Got quoted £440 to stay with my existing insurer, I can now … Thanks all, Got quoted £440 to stay with my existing insurer, I can now get it with admiral for £260 with all the bells and whistles and £0 excess, have to pay it in 1 payment but worth it.

Make sure that you are comparing like with like, Admiral have a poor track record for dealing with customers following an accident.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card22
      2. DICKINSONS REAL DEAL £25,000 COMPETITION11
      3. wharf comp - win a michael grant watch - email entry only33
      4. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority11

See more discussions