Found 31st Jan 2011
Has anybody managed to find any cheap car insurance quotes lately? mines gone up dramatically for some unknown reason so now looking for a cheap quote!! HELP!!!!

14 Comments

I've been on the look out aswell as mineis up at the end of the month.

Cheapest I've found is Aviva. They're not on price comparison websites. You get 12 weeks free & currently if you go through Quidco (not sure about other cashback sites) you get £75 cash back.

Aviva came through approx £100 cheaper than anyone else.

Original Poster

I have an astra 1.6 16valve.

+1 tnxs

Aviva were about 40% cheaper than anywhere else for me this time, so give them a whizz

Original Poster

Aviva were more expensive for me, thanx for the info though.

Banned

shopped around after a 50% increase on my renewal and ended back with the same company for 20% less than last years!

only a fool accepts a renewal in general (same for all annual insurance or utilities!)

Banned

csiman

shopped around after a 50% increase on my renewal and ended back with the … shopped around after a 50% increase on my renewal and ended back with the same company for 20% less than last years!only a fool accepts a renewal in general (same for all annual insurance or utilities - buildings insurance was £444 on renewal with aviva but got it for £115 in the end!)

I used Swinton as they gave a good cashback on WePromiseTo. It's a minefield - I tried looking at reviews for car insurers but normally people only write a review to complain about them which didn't help! We already used Swinton for home insurance and last year when we made a claim they were great - so that swung it for the car insurance for us!

Mine has too for no reason I am aware of and I have 5 years no claims bonus.
Try swift cover- my sister has been getting quotes for after she passes her driving test. Tesco compare was £1400 swift cover was £838

There is absolutely no point people saying XYZ are cheap, you will have to do the groundwork yourself as there are too many factors to take into consideration

Good Luck

Banned

Admiral/Elephant/Bell/Diamond

all the same company, but always seem cheapest here.

add an experienced driver as a named driver and the price comes down

try asking your home insurance ppl for a quote or any other insurance company you have ties with.
I haven't tried this but threaten to leave (like sky) if they don't give you a decent quote

As someone has already mentioned, try Swiftcover. They were by far the cheapest quote for me, everything is done online including printing out your docs, which I spose helps to cut their costs
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Is this junction box wired properly??1015
    2. Foo fighters presale code.2222
    3. landlord trying to get tenant to purchase a new bed when the old one was al…46
    4. What's this on my neighbours roof?1517

See more discussions