Car insurance assesement, still on a parking lot

Found 14th Feb
Garage has a car for full 3 days now, is there anything I should do to make them work?

Timeline:
Accident (day X)
Photos, photo assesement
Phonecall about arrangements for a car to be picked up (X + 30 days)
Car picked up for repairs (X + 45 days)

X + 48 days, CAR NOT assesed

I cant get it. I could be driving it if they are not ready for job.

What would be the best to do?

Thanks.
Community Updates
AskFinance & Utilities
5 Comments
Phone your insurance company and make a complaint about the garage.
Is the garage providing you with a courtesy car ? the garage must have some reason to delay the work, being the one renting the courtesy car seems like an incentive.
Either that or they have more pressing work to do or more profitable work.
Original Poster
@ItWasNotMe they can have any reason they want - not my concern, for me important only is, can they hold a car like this on a parking lot and if not where to report.

@AirbusA380 that was my thought to call them
but before that - I wanted to ask, is there anything I should know, as they can feed me loads of rubbish and I wouldn't know what to say to that. I don't like pointless arguments if something doesn't go my way. It will be manyf years I didn't rise my voice to customer services but I manage to get the things done.

information is the key
Edited by: "veni_vidi_emere" 16th Feb
veni_vidi_emere8 m ago

@ItWasNotMe they can have any reason they want - not my concern, for me …@ItWasNotMe they can have any reason they want - not my concern, for me important only is, can they hold a car like this on a parking lot and if not where to report.@AirbusA380 that was my thought to call thembut before that - I wanted to ask, is there anything I should know, as they can feed me loads of rubbish and I wouldn't know what to say to that. I don't like pointless arguments if something doesn't go my way. It will be manyf years I didn't rise my voice to customer services but I manage to get the things done.Key is information

The insurance company will want the repairs done ASAP and so should the garage, each garage has SLA’s to meet. Who is the repairing garage?
Original Poster
AirbusA38014th Feb

The insurance company will want the repairs done ASAP and so should the …The insurance company will want the repairs done ASAP and so should the garage, each garage has SLA’s to meet. Who is the repairing garage?

It's Aviva garage.

Sent message on them repair platform, as I don't really have time to call during office hours, to enquire.

! 5th day running of holding a car without update

-------------------------------------------------------

another update

for the record: it took12 days for the car to come back
---------------------------------------------------------

after 2 months all is looking good
Edited by: "veni_vidi_emere" 23rd Apr
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions