Car insurance cancelled by underwriters

Found 21st Jul
Hi there.
I recently decided to do my driving license and have my test in late August.
My wife took a insurance policy out for me on my new car.
It has now been cancel as she accidentally put my provisional date in wrong, which now means n underwriters will not insure me

My problem now is do I have to declare this cancelled policy to my next insurer ?

Please help !
Community Updates
9 Comments
Yes if it asks have you ever had insurance policy in your name cancelled and it was in your name and cancelled by them. If you chose not to answer this correctly and are involved in an accident and it comes to light it will invalidate your insurance and you may be prosecuted for driving with no insurance.

Insurance companies these days share information too so it’s best to be honest, phone up an insurer for quotes and explain the situation they may be able to do something more than the online form can. Expect to pay a higher premium though!
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 21st Jul
Seems harsh for a genuine mistake my insurance has double because of this in quotes
Chelseaboy198926 m ago

Seems harsh for a genuine mistake my insurance has double because of this …Seems harsh for a genuine mistake my insurance has double because of this in quotes

Most genuine mistakes on an insurance application will end up with your insurance being Invalid. It's just something you have to double check.
Talk to the insurance company you were with and explain it was an error and ask them if it falls into the category of have you had insurance cancelled and is there anything they can do to fix it. You may need to get past the first line of customer service and do an official complaint but might be worth it.
eslick26 m ago

Talk to the insurance company you were with and explain it was an error …Talk to the insurance company you were with and explain it was an error and ask them if it falls into the category of have you had insurance cancelled and is there anything they can do to fix it. You may need to get past the first line of customer service and do an official complaint but might be worth it.

Unlikely to work, insurance companies give you a period of grace to review documents (14 days) and call them about any areas. It’s your responsibility to do this and if you don’t do it and errors are discovered by them they will cancel the policy.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 21st Jul
Did they not give you any notice and did you not try to talk to them to sort things out
I have just been sorting home insurance and had a flat rejection from a large provider online and then by phone also. I wrote a Complaint and stated that I was not happy with them storing sharing or using inaccurate data. As they refused to tell me the problem specifics either online or on a phone call, I could not correct the error and they were compounding the storing, sharing and processing of inaccurate data.

Complaints team wrote back within the hour this morning and told me the data error. It was my error (wrong month for a claim) and they were happy to let me change it. I quite probably have a muppet flag on file but better that than a fraud flag.

I suspect the formality of a Complaint about storing and sharing inaccurate data helped me but I have no way of being certain.
ccnp3 h, 16 m ago

I have just been sorting home insurance and had a flat rejection from a …I have just been sorting home insurance and had a flat rejection from a large provider online and then by phone also. I wrote a Complaint and stated that I was not happy with them storing sharing or using inaccurate data. As they refused to tell me the problem specifics either online or on a phone call, I could not correct the error and they were compounding the storing, sharing and processing of inaccurate data.Complaints team wrote back within the hour this morning and told me the data error. It was my error (wrong month for a claim) and they were happy to let me change it. I quite probably have a muppet flag on file but better that than a fraud flag.I suspect the formality of a Complaint about storing and sharing inaccurate data helped me but I have no way of being certain.

I probably have a Muppet flag on several company data bases!!
I rang a new insurance company explained my situation they said it would not be a problem as I never lied about anything I.E. points claims and so on. so turns out got a new quote at £3 more than original. But just hope it doesn't get cancelled again !!

Thanks for the info guys
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants