Groups

Car insurance, confused? I am. Making a claim, advice please

Had an accident last year and after they paid out they transferred my policy over to a new car.
    This year I was hit so not at fault but they want cancel the insurance even though only 4 months have passed, is this correct.

Also any advice please it has a dent on the door and they have said its beyond economic repair, meaning its too expensive to repair, how much will they will pay put if I want to keep the car and fix it myself?

2 Comments

It varies from car to car , my cousin had an alfa 33 which was an economic write off due to a lorry backing into a rear quarter panel, the car was worth about £1500 at the time and they sold it him back for £20, damage was quite minor though and he managed to take the panels off from behind the dent and literally push it out, there was no cracks to the paintwork and no creases around the dent, I reckon he got lucky though.

If they are paying out as non economical to repair then the policy will end and you will need a new policy. If they allow you to buy back the car (and alot of insurers are refusing to do this now) then you will need an engineers report to be able to insure the car again. As harlzter says the price varies by company and car.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions