car insurance do you know if...

5 replies
Found 10th Nov 2009
i can change insurers as it is up for renewal and on the 31/1/09 i was involved in an accident and the other driver was at fault they have admitted this and paid me back my excess(well i mean their insurance company has) but the lawyers are now trying to recover my hire vehicle costs and compensation so can i change insurers or do i have to stay with current one until this is all settled? thanks guys :-)

5 Comments

no you can change no problem the claim will be still settled

Original Poster

Borat;6848434

no you can change no problem the claim will be still settled

thanks as i havent a clue how these things work :thumbsup: rep added

And you should be able to keep your no claims if it was not your fault, you may have to push for it but it will happen.

Original Poster

wendyak;6848480

And you should be able to keep your no claims if it was not your fault, … And you should be able to keep your no claims if it was not your fault, you may have to push for it but it will happen.

yeh thanks when i 1st had the accident they sent me a letter upping my premium and asked for an extra £58 i rang them and said you know it wasnt my fault so why add more but eventually they sorted it and i got it reduced again sometimes they are a nightmare!
i am back to 5 years no claims

wulshaz;6848506

yeh thanks when i 1st had the accident they sent me a letter upping my … yeh thanks when i 1st had the accident they sent me a letter upping my premium and asked for an extra £58 i rang them and said you know it wasnt my fault so why add more but eventually they sorted it and i got it reduced again sometimes they are a nightmare!i am back to 5 years no claims

Might be better to protect it this time allowing you to claim twice in 3 years without affecting your no claims or even better guarantee it so you will never lose it although it costs alot to do this.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anyone know of any budget laptops which charge through USB-C?23
    2. Items broken from argos - will I get replacement or refund?66
    3. Printer help please.57
    4. Help: NowTV Movie pass710

See more discussions