Car insurance for visiting Foreign driver

Found 3rd Jun 2011
where can i get car insurance for a foreign national visiting the uk? he has property here but isnt a uk resident.

isit possible to get temporary insurance for a foreign driver with a international license or even a annual insurance?

i know its possible because people coming from abroad can rent cars from the airport but dont know where to look.the comparison sites require a date of when they became a uk resident
Community Updates
8 Comments
would not be a case of his insurance back home covering him here?
You're probably better off ringing a rental place and asking the same question
you can get one year insurance on foreign driving licence....i think you got some one from pakistan?am i right?
addjon

you can get one year insurance on foreign driving licence....i think you … you can get one year insurance on foreign driving licence....i think you got some one from pakistan?am i right?

just coz he has ali.......

Edited by: "strike" 3rd Jun 2011
strike

just coz he has ali.......

yeh probably,any way one of my friend got visitor from pakistan and he done the same thing.
@shanecr- its a uk car so i doubt the insurance company back home would cover it.

@addjon- how did your freind get 1 year insurance on his international license? what insurance company does this?

Good guess about pakistan but hes actually from UAE.

1 more question. what are the rules about bringing a car over from the UAE by plane? what kind of tax needs to be paid and how long can it stay over here?
Well the police don't take any notice of foreign plated cars, they can't prove how long they have been here. My Mum had a Spanish plated car for 3 years before getting it switched over, no Tax or MOT but was insured I think.

Saying that it was on a ferry not plane.
Edited by: "lumoruk" 4th Jun 2011
Just make sure he gets back on the plane when he is supposed to...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants