Found 24th Apr 2010
I need help to find the cheapest insurance for the following:
17year old male
vauxhall corsa (new shape) 08-09 plate
1.2L manual
any ideas to try get something around £2000ish?

and is it legal to get in insured my their mother/ father and be a name driver on the insurance to make it much cheaper but still legal to drive?

Much thanks

9 Comments

Banned

£2000 a year for insurance is mental.

You CAN insure a car via a parent, however if you make a claim and the insurers find out that the named driver is actually the owner and the main user, you can kiss goodbye to the insurance policy and the claim.

To insure anything you have to have an "insurable interest" and as neither his mum or dad own the car, there's no insurable interest and the policy would be voided from inception. That would mean, in worst case scenario, if he writes the car of in a crash, they won't pay out a penny.

A lot of insurers are wise to this (it's called fronting) and most policies are rated on the highest risk (i.e. the 17 year old named driver) so it wouldn't make THAT much difference.

heres a option, dont get a boy racer car, get a sensible car as your first car as you always smash up the first car

Banned

wickedteen;8447827

heres a option, dont get a boy racer car, get a sensible car as your … heres a option, dont get a boy racer car, get a sensible car as your first car as you always smash up the first car

True dat.

Kids should get a 1litre, £300 banger. It will be a damn sight cheaper to insure and they won't care as much when they crash it into a bus stop trying to impress some skanks.

try ensleigh
i think it is it says on theory disc it the cheapest in your case?

Try a quote with a pass plus. It's good experience and you might save more than the cost of it in insurance.

Sex change is the best answer as girls quotes are much less, assuming he isn't too keen on that option go to martin lewis' website moneysavingexpert.co.uk to look at the best order to do the comparison sights
do not be temptem to put the car in your name and have him as a named driver as if/when he crashes they will not pay out (the hate paying out) unless the person whos name you put the car. With you son as a named driver does not have another car in which case you could fight the insurer if they won't payout. What insurance group is the
corsa? If unsure search for the saMe cae on autotrader and click on aditioal info and it will tell you, if it us above group 4 search for group 2 cars on google and buy one of them. Also he will build no claims .By the way I'm a car dealer, if you need any help feel free to email me directly

jtx;8448265

Try a quote with a pass plus. It's good experience and you might save … Try a quote with a pass plus. It's good experience and you might save more than the cost of it in insurance.

Not worth it, you would save more by chucking your license in a drawer for 6 months.

no where near enough info in OP
so pointless question

danmc;8448471

Not worth it, you would save more by chucking your license in a drawer … Not worth it, you would save more by chucking your license in a drawer for 6 months.

Not true, I've seen quotes cut by £400 once a pass plus is added which cost £120.

Although it doesn't work for everyone or every insurance company, which is why I suggested the op try a requote first:thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would35148
    2. The HUKD Wuntu code sharing thread! (Three Mobile)95193
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread427914639
    4. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4594788

See more discussions