Groups

car insurance help please

can someone please tell me the right or wrong way on this one as i cant seem to find the answer

my son has got himself a little run around,he has insured it himself but only holds a provisional licence and now wants to start taking lessons and gaining experience with licence holders sitting in with him

How many years do you have to of held a full driving licence for before you can sit with a provisional licence holder?

IF and thats a big IF (im scared lol) i agreed to sit with him while he drove the car would I need to be insured for his car on his insurance policy?

thanks in advance

5 Comments

You have to be over 21 and held your full licence for 3 years or more.
    You don't need to be named on the insurance to act as an accompanying driver

direct.gov.uk/en/…661

3 years...you don't need to be insured to drive it as long as you don't try to

I'm not being facetious but ]this It's always better to know the latest updates :-)

I think its 3 years minimum driving experience and aged at least 21, im not sure if you also need to be insured on the car aswell tho so you may need to check that 1.

Original Poster

marktuck;7394327

You have to be over 21 and held your full licence for 3 years or more.You … You have to be over 21 and held your full licence for 3 years or more.You don't need to be named on the insurance to act as an accompanying driver

superb thankyou! rep given
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1918
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30124
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7251370
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876389

See more discussions