Found 17th Oct 2010
Hi i have bough a new car with my dad being the first named driver as insurance is too much for me at the moment on my own, my dad also has a car that is fully insured on his name, the new insurance company have asked for details of his no claims bonus from his previous company (esure) but they have refused to give the no claims bonus certificate is there anything i can do about this?

Thanks

21 Comments

in short, no.
(What you're doing is illegal)

Original Poster

Goonieman

in short, no.(What you're doing is illegal)

Thanks for your answer i was kind of thinking that aswell, whys that then mate? is there any way round this? any way i can get the certificate?

Thanks

as already stated,this is illegal-you cant buy a car and circumvent the correct premiums by having your father as main driver(which he clearly isnt) used yo happen all the time-insurance companies are wise to it now tho.

Google "fronting" and have a read. Its illegal and could invalidate your insurance.

Original Poster

Okay is there any way round this?

Get your own insurance

Original Poster

TUSSFC

Get your own insurance

Lol costs to much but to be honest my dad is thinking of selling his own car and sharing mine, that wouldn't be obviously classified as fronting now would it.

andel90

Lol costs to much but to be honest my dad is thinking of selling his own … Lol costs to much but to be honest my dad is thinking of selling his own car and sharing mine, that wouldn't be obviously classified as fronting now would it.

Not if he is driving it the majority of the time. And it costs a lot for a reason.

some people just dont want help, either pay the premium legally or you may as well just not bother with insurance as your way of doing it will result in invalidated insurance anyway.

but you can use the no claims on just one vehicle cant you?

Banned

Get an insurance quote first next time then buy the car

Original Poster

plumberman01

but you can use the no claims on just one vehicle cant you?

Thats what i would like to know lol

try Quinn direct, young drivers dont get such a heavy pasting from them.

they did go bust however they are back and still very cheap.

Banned

andel90

Thats what i would like to know lol

Yes you can only use your no claims bonus on one policy

They wont give you details of the no claims bonus because it is still being used on your dads main vehicle. You will need to ask for insurance with your dad as the main driver but without a no claims discount

Banned

esure do multicar policies so just add the car to the original policy

Original Poster

Okay thanks alot for that guys i appreciate it

Buy a classic car, and get classic car insurance - even though Mini's etc. aren't cheap, if you're a very new driver you'll save a fortune on insurance, mine is 2 and a half times my friends premium, and his car isn't great.

Mini's are great fun, fairly quick, handle like go-carts, are cheap to service, or you can do it yourself easily, and appreciate in value, not depreciate. Lots of modifications you can do, and Footman James don't even seem bothered about any of engine mods declared, or exterior modifications.

Rust is a problem though!

Matt
Edited by: "Baines93" 17th Oct 2010

Banned

sn0ttyang3l

They wont give you details of the no claims bonus because it is still … They wont give you details of the no claims bonus because it is still being used on your dads main vehicle. You will need to ask for insurance with your dad as the main driver but without a no claims discount

might as well put the no claims down in the quote if hes gonna put his dad as the main driver. Either way he will be paying for insurance which wont pay out in the even of a claim

Oh and he and his dad will probably get a civil claim from the other party in an accident, a police prosecution resulting in at least 6 points each on their licences and a hefty fine each

csiman

[quote=sn0ttyang3l]Oh and he and his dad will probably get a civil claim … [quote=sn0ttyang3l]Oh and he and his dad will probably get a civil claim from the other party in an accident, a police prosecution resulting in at least 6 points each on their licences and a hefty fine each

As well as having the opportunity to get the car crushed.

Banned

Inactive

As well as having the opportunity to get the car crushed.

LOL - forgot about that. Always makes me smile when I see a car on a tow truck with a big sign saying "NO INSURANCE - NO CAR!".
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Rewview sites22
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769270
    3. Add one, leave one game54315405
    4. word association Game74244885

See more discussions