Groups

Car Insurance, how much do YOU pay?

Just recently got full comp car insurance for £370 with First Direct for an insurance group 3 car, I'm a 23 year old male with 1 years no-claims. Thought that was pretty good but I'm curious to know how much everyone else pays for their car insurance, especially those aged 21-24.

56 Comments

27, 2 years NCB, £750 FC on a modified SEAT Leon FR TDI in a High Risk area (bloody insurance companies !!!)

£290 fully comp for VW Bora 1.8Turbo. 33y/o male (+1 additional driver), max years NCD, Swiftcover

£274 ( Free Breakdown cover ) Churchill

Group 6 insurance

5 years No Claims

26 Male

£297 full comp 25 male with 5 year NCD + 1 add driver on a focus 1.6 - tesco

Banned

£0 I work right beside town and 2 minute walk from work so just get on my OHs as second driver for free

£520 with Elephant - 24 years old , 0 years no claims (had a crash), Vauxhall Astra 1.6 SXi 05

i paid 660 1st year FC, im 23, on a 1.2 55 plate

£470 for a 1.1 Fiat Cinquecento Sporting. Girlfriend is 25 and provisional, I'm 24 and full license. No NCB

Original Poster

ChrisUK;5506223

27, 2 years NCB, £750 FC

That sounds a lot for someone outside of young drivers category, what insurance group is your car if you don't mind me asking?

I should have added that I've been driving for 5 years.

Around £8K, I'm 17.

£300 for Fully comp, Group 18 Car with subtle mods, 15 Years NCB.

Banned

£86 third party only - honda civic vtec 1.5

31 yrs old, 6 years no claims (but 3 points due to expire this aug) insuring an Impreza and it was £125 deposit and then £88 per month, and that was the cheapest I could find and I searched a lot of places !! :x

Banned

£660

Zero NCB

30yo male living in Glasgow

Mondeo ST

Elephant

Banned

Charlie&Lola;5506324

31 yrs old, 6 years no claims (but 3 points due to expire this aug) … 31 yrs old, 6 years no claims (but 3 points due to expire this aug) insuring an Impreza and it was £125 deposit and then £88 per month, and that was the cheapest I could find and I searched a lot of places !! :x

seems alot!

I wouldn't insure me for £5000 so I think I've got a bargain...

I could write off somebody's Ferrari tonight...

Original Poster

csiman;5506317

£86 third party only - honda civic vtec 1.5

I take it you're not classed as a "young driver" then or have a lot of no-claims discount :roll:

Thanks for the responses by the way, people Didn't think I'd see so many posts!

dimebars;5506334

seems alot!

Tell me about it, I nearly had a fit, but I used Compare and some recommended sports car places, and it was still the cheapest. So have to take it on the chin I guess, and hope it goes down next year when the points are off

Banned

Charlie&Lola;5506374

Tell me about it, I nearly had a fit, but I used Compare and some … Tell me about it, I nearly had a fit, but I used Compare and some recommended sports car places, and it was still the cheapest. So have to take it on the chin I guess, and hope it goes down next year when the points are off

3 points dont make that much difference

never found Moneysupermarket or Compare any good - they are a good starting point but i always try direct with the insurer themselves

you should try Admiral/Elephant/Bell Direct

just got a quote for a 1.4 Skoda Fabia comfort x reg (2001), im 21, only had my license a year, and have only drove for a month anyways, Quinn Direct gave me quote of £635 for TPFT or £740 for fully comp.

Original Poster

Charlie&Lola;5506324

31 yrs old, 6 years no claims (but 3 points due to expire this aug) … 31 yrs old, 6 years no claims (but 3 points due to expire this aug) insuring an Impreza and it was £125 deposit and then £88 per month, and that was the cheapest I could find and I searched a lot of places !! :x

You're not serious, £1181 for a year?!!

Have a read of this ]article and make sure you shop around again in August. It might be worth the cancellation fee to get new cheaper insurance but 3 points shouldn't make that much difference, no more than 5% normally.

I would understand if you had made some modifications or you had 6/9 points or were 17 years old!

awoodhall2003;5506432

just got a quote for a 1.4 Skoda Fabia comfort x reg (2001), im 21, only … just got a quote for a 1.4 Skoda Fabia comfort x reg (2001), im 21, only had my license a year, and have only drove for a month anyways, Quinn Direct gave me quote of £635 for TPFT or £740 for fully comp.

Seems expensive. 21 /w 3 years NCB. £750 on a 58 plate Focus ST-3

Banned

awoodhall2003;5506432

just got a quote for a 1.4 Skoda Fabia comfort x reg (2001), im 21, only … just got a quote for a 1.4 Skoda Fabia comfort x reg (2001), im 21, only had my license a year, and have only drove for a month anyways, Quinn Direct gave me quote of £635 for TPFT or £740 for fully comp.

try Admiral / Elephant

put you down as the policy holder then add your mum or dad as a 2nd driver

the price should drop dramatically

4k+ full no claims, clean licence, over 40 years old.......................its a fully comp traders for all the gang!!!!

dimebars;5506403

3 points dont make that much differencenever found Moneysupermarket or … 3 points dont make that much differencenever found Moneysupermarket or Compare any good - they are a good starting point but i always try direct with the insurer themselvesyou should try Admiral/Elephant/Bell Direct

flyingflea;5506435

You're not serious, £1181 for a year?!!Have a read of this ]article and … You're not serious, £1181 for a year?!!Have a read of this ]article and make sure you shop around again in August. It might be worth the cancellation fee to get new cheaper insurance but 3 points shouldn't make that much difference, no more than 5% normally.I would understand if you had made some modifications or you had 6/9 points or were 17 years old!

I thought it was just due to the car. When I had a Vectra previously, it was only £35 a month, but as soon as I switched to an Impreza, that's when it shot up, so I just assumed they are classed as high risk which was why the premium shot up. Although I did opt to add on an extra £20 I think it was, as the excess was £650 and the £20 is for some policy thing that lets me claim £500 of it back if something happens.

What made me laugh the most was I got absolutely no discount at all for having a Cat 1 alarm and immobilizer and a tracker, and I double checked that with the insurer themselves rather than the brokers. So I didn't bother renewing the tracker as it wasn't going to reduce my premium at all

Banned

flyingflea;5506365

I take it you're not classed as a "young driver" then or have a lot of … I take it you're not classed as a "young driver" then or have a lot of no-claims discount :roll:Thanks for the responses by the way, people Didn't think I'd see so many posts!

no need for the :roll:

£612 - Fully Comp - 58 reg Honda Civic Type R GT - 10yrs NCB - Age 29 - Group 17 Insurance

250 pounds, group 13 car, three years no claims, 28 year old in the Highlands with Admiral - they've been consistently much cheaper than others (apart from Swiftcover but I wouldn't consider them)

John

Everyone's insurance is cheaper than mine, by a lot. :-(

22yr old woman + additional driver
    5 years NCB
    mondeo 1.8
    £212 Fully comp

43 years old Sabb 93 1.9tdi sport 30.000 miles a year Fully comp with Swift Cover .com

£232 per year ............Yes I am old and that's the only good thing about it :oops:

17yr old male. 3rd party, fire and theft. £430 (as a named driver) (Seems like a lot but im in the high risk age range I think)

Oh and its a 2006 Renault Clio

The JFK;5506551

Everyone's insurance is cheaper than mine, by a lot. :-(

bing.com/ima…R10

Your car looks nice mate, how do you keep it so clean........

I'm 22 and I think I paid £190ish for 1st party with Admiral Insurance. Drive a Corsa, 2 years NCB and I also did the Pass Plus shceme which may contribute to why I get it cheaper.

aslz78;5506457

Seems expensive. 21 /w 3 years NCB. £750 on a 58 plate Focus ST-3

In what way does it seem expensive?

dimebars;5506458

try Admiral / Elephantput you down as the policy holder then add your mum … try Admiral / Elephantput you down as the policy holder then add your mum or dad as a 2nd driverthe price should drop dramatically

ill try them, however i cant add either or my parents as my dad doesnt drive and my mum only passed last year as well, thus doesnt do anything for my price!

Banned

i pay £900 for 1.9 cdti vectra. 21 male. cardiff. 1 ncb.

Original Poster

Rhys135;5506815

I'm 22 and I think I paid £190ish for 1st party with Admiral Insurance. … I'm 22 and I think I paid £190ish for 1st party with Admiral Insurance. Drive a Corsa, 2 years NCB and I also did the Pass Plus shceme which may contribute to why I get it cheaper.

1st party so would that be fully comp :whistling:

I didn't think Pass Plus worked 6 years after you passed but that is ridiculously cheap!!

My insurance was only £212 (after cashback) as a named driver on my Dad's policy when I first learned to drive at 18.

£300 fully comp

18 yo male
    1.4 peugout

(im the 5th main driver)

mod

Keep on topic guys and try not to turn this thread into how much you earn/how often you break the law by speeding/how big your car is etc

23 y.o. Male, 1y NCB
    Alfa 146 1.8TS
    £735 per year
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846178
      2. Find out how good your GP surgery is67
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764237
      4. WWE SummerSlam 2017 discussion thread!22

See more discussions