Car insurance - is legal protection needed?

14 Comments
I as involved in a crash 3 weeks ago my car was written off by a useless driver, his company accepted liability. I had a bad injury to my right shoulder, the legal team at Admiral contacted me arranged physio and would pursue a claim against his insurance company for injuries. The legal team called me yesterday and every single way I've been out of pocket can be reclaimed through this too. Travelling to appointments (millage), medication.

My legal cover was £50 extra, but it was worth every penny. I have never needed to use it before, but its something I would advise to bolt on. You can be the best driver around, but this covers you against the idiots on the road.

I could have claimed by excess back if I had to pay it.
Edited by: "WatchThisSpac3" 7th Jun
WatchThisSpac33 m ago

I as involved in a crash 3 weeks ago my car was written off by a useless …I as involved in a crash 3 weeks ago my car was written off by a useless driver, his company accepted liability. I had a bad injury to my right shoulder, the legal team at Admiral contacted me arranged physio ad would pursue a claim against his insurance company for injuries. The legal team called me yesterday and every single way I've been out of pocket can be reclaimed through this too. Travelling to appointments (millage), medication. My legal cover was £50 extra, but it was worth every penny. I have never needed to use it before, but its something I would advise to bolt on. You can be the best driver around, but this covers you against the idiots on the road.I could have claimed by excess back if I had to pay it.

Sorry to hear about your accident, hope you're well. Thanks for your input, will definitely get legal protection then!
gsj877 m ago

Sorry to hear about your accident, hope you're well. Thanks for your …Sorry to hear about your accident, hope you're well. Thanks for your input, will definitely get legal protection then!

Thanks! I've had it for years on every policy and have questioned it, but luckily as a result I shouldn't be out of pocket for anything.
Used to get it but then realised my union fees covered the same thing.
I personally don't take it. If you are involved in an accident you can still claim all your expenses without having Legal expenses cover.

If you do want it you can get it for £10/year anyway - no need to take it with your insurer.
Van197312 m ago

I personally don't take it. If you are involved in an accident you can …I personally don't take it. If you are involved in an accident you can still claim all your expenses without having Legal expenses cover.If you do want it you can get it for £10/year anyway - no need to take it with your insurer.

Interesting. Where can you get for a tenner?
If it's not Ur fault all those companies who deal with accident's offer u free legal cover and a car and deal with Ur insurance company aswell so seems abit pointless
Companies will deal just with the basics but for such things as physiotherapy and rehabilitation (don't wish anyone) you will need to fight.
Anyway. My brother had this option included and was involved into accident. He said it was worth every penny.
legal protection is to cover extra loss when you ave an accident so this can includ ealternative means of transport, loss of earnings (yup, you can claim for the time you lost at work while dealing with everything accident related), physio, and pretty much everything except the car related cost itself.

on that note I have always opted out from it lol. this is only worth if you truly think you need it. and as someone said you can get it for around 10-15 quid

just to name a few
bestpricefs.co.uk/mot…ion
driverguardian.co.uk/pro…gal
memonline.co.uk/mot…rs/

there is this one (free) but sounds too good to be true
freemotorlegal.co.uk/how…ks/
Haven't had a chance to go through all the t&c's of the free one but it looks like all the others that advertise on the TV. They'll make there money off giving you an expensive hire car and claiming solicitors fees from the guilty party. Don't expect them to support you if you are at fault or it's a 50/50 accident.
Edited by: "Ippy" 7th Jun
I get my legal cover free with my breakdown cover from start rescue. It only costs me about £28 a year. My car insurance company wanted £20 for the legal policy on its own.
Waste of money in my eyes
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants