Groups

car insurance NCB

Just been covered by swiftcover.co.uk

I said i had 1 years NCB which i do but i got it 4 years ago, Has it now expired? Or if i submit it to swiftcover they will accept it? Ive not used it since i got it.

Anyone know? Also i havnt got the NCB paperwork anymore. But should be easy for the last insurer to re send it out?

8 Comments

NCB is only valid for 2 years.

Beetplek;2782928

NCB is only valid for 2 years.

It's 3 years

Banned

Retaining Your No Claims Discount

It's not always easy to maintain your no claims bonus as different insurers have different terms and conditions which ould result in a reduction or total loss of your discount. For example, while some insurers will honour your no-claims bonus if you haven't used it on a policy for anything up to 3 years, others impose a time limit of as little as 6 months. After this period your discount is invalid, even though it could have taken you five years to aquire.

csiman;2782951

Retaining Your No Claims DiscountIt's not always easy to maintain your no … Retaining Your No Claims DiscountIt's not always easy to maintain your no claims bonus as different insurers have different terms and conditions which ould result in a reduction or total loss of your discount. For example, while some insurers will honour your no-claims bonus if you haven't used it on a policy for anything up to 3 years, others impose a time limit of as little as 6 months. After this period your discount is invalid, even though it could have taken you five years to aquire.

I've always found that its 3 years but check the T's and C's online.

I sent off my proof of no claims last night - mine said 2 years

Original Poster

Your missing the point DAMNOME... basically i have 1 years NCB but i got it 4 years ago. Since then i have been second driver on insurance policies. But as other members said you cannot use a NCB you recieved 4 years ago as it expires. WHAT A RIP OFF. I might start saying my 3 points on my licence has expired and make my own rules up.

Original Poster

Just to let you know.

The rule is, if you dont use your NCB WITHIN 12 months then it is classed as ZILCH. Just found out from my insurance company.

Banned

J4GG4;2823814

Just to let you know.The rule is, if you dont use your NCB WITHIN 12 … Just to let you know.The rule is, if you dont use your NCB WITHIN 12 months then it is classed as ZILCH. Just found out from my insurance company.

different insurance companies have different rules
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …237760
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764550
      3. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…915
      4. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals30406

See more discussions