Car insurance premium

Found 31st Oct 2017
Have you guys had your car insurance premiums come through this year? My husband had his come through on GA and it has increased 9% from last year. He has been with GA for a few years and this is the first time that it has increased this much, despite no claims last year.

He had a claim before and it did not affect the premium increase so the increase seems out of sync this year.

Has this been the experience for everyone else? Have car insurance premiums increased hugely this year for some reason? I hear of huge increases every year quoted in the press but this is the first year that we have felt this in our car insurance premium.
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
18 Comments
14% is the average increase this year..

confused.com/on-…you
Mine came in and it went from £198- £234, same car as last year

Sons went from £869-£1211, same Car as last year

husbands went from £178-£380 but a different Car so will be a factor.
Yes, For the first time I've seen an increase in mine :(. They'll blame excessive whiplash claims etc..
Mine went from £100pm to £55pm but that was in March.
It must depend on the area. Mine went down by £200. I do know the area I live in was a high crime rate including 3 cars torched 6-7 years ago (yes it was neighbour dispute)
I saved £50 with the same insurer, with 5 year no claims.
Original Poster
seems to be going in all different directions as to whether the premiums go up or down from the replies. i would have got a comparison quote to see if the insurer is increasing the premium but my husband submitted a claim 2 years ago so this will makes us stuck with the current insurer for a while.
mutley110 m ago

seems to be going in all different directions as to whether the premiums …seems to be going in all different directions as to whether the premiums go up or down from the replies. i would have got a comparison quote to see if the insurer is increasing the premium but my husband submitted a claim 2 years ago so this will makes us stuck with the current insurer for a while.

Why?
Original Poster
tregs22 m ago

Why?

do you mean why as in why we are stuck with the current insurer? if i remember correctly, the last time i got a quote it asks me if a claim has been made in the last 5 years and if you have then it often state it can not quote or the quote comes out ridiculously high, much more than the quote from our current insurer.

this is the same for buildings insurance. i have to wait for that period to expire before i can get any realistic comparison quote.
mutley19 m ago

do you mean why as in why we are stuck with the current insurer? if i …do you mean why as in why we are stuck with the current insurer? if i remember correctly, the last time i got a quote it asks me if a claim has been made in the last 5 years and if you have then it often state it can not quote or the quote comes out ridiculously high, much more than the quote from our current insurer.this is the same for buildings insurance. i have to wait for that period to expire before i can get any realistic comparison quote.

Still get a comparison quote, put in all the details - it will then be a realistic comparison quote
Original Poster
tregs1 m ago

Still get a comparison quote, put in all the details - it will then be a …Still get a comparison quote, put in all the details - it will then be a realistic comparison quote

i will give it a go but i am sceptical.
I thought you liked girls, i mean you were married to a woman right?
Mines went up by £10 (for a whole year), same prices were on comparison sites so just renewed.

On a side note; I did have an accident a couple years ago and it actually lowered my premiums in the subsequent years, since it's all probabilities and statistics I guess they decided I was less likely to have an accident again anytime soon.
Can he not try a black box? Iv only been driving this year my policy actually ends midnight. For this year with Insure the box I paid £1675 with a black box fitted,now iv moved over to Hastings direct smart miles also with black box and it's down to £771 with only 1 years no claims, same car, same address nothing's changed
mutley112 h, 18 m ago

seems to be going in all different directions as to whether the premiums …seems to be going in all different directions as to whether the premiums go up or down from the replies. i would have got a comparison quote to see if the insurer is increasing the premium but my husband submitted a claim 2 years ago so this will makes us stuck with the current insurer for a while.

Probably because their insurance was very high to begin with like them who were paying £100 a month but now paying £50. I suspect they're young or newish to driving. My insurance halved after getting a years no claims. My insurance had steadily decreased over the years to a low of about £300 last year, this year the cheapest I could find was about £350. For people with so many years no claims insurance has generally risen. Lots of people have been impacted by it. They increased insurance by an average of about £75 in about March. Insurance premium tax risen hence why the increases.
Yep, mine went up - so I did a quick search and found a cheaper premium from somewhere else, then phoned my current insurer and they came in at and even lower premium, so now I'm paying less than last year
Original Poster
Misslovely12 h, 28 m ago

I thought you liked girls, i mean you were married to a woman right?

Lol. This is completely off topic! My husband is a man. The last time i checked my english dictionary, a husband is a male partner
insurance premium tax has increased
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions