Car insurance provider

Found 1st Oct 2017
Hi,
hastings essentials or hastings direct?
Which one is better?
are they any different to each other?
Hastings direct is a bit expensive then hastings essentials.
your kind response would be appreciated.
thanks

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
7 Comments

I took insurance with Hastings last month. I went for the Hasting Premium package as it had discounted cover for Breakdown. The Essential is just the basics you need with no legal Protection or coutesy car ( I think). The Direct one includes the legal Protection.

We're with Hastings Direct. Just had a bump and the claim was dealt with very quickly and professionally. Called to see if we were happy with repair before paying the garage. Can't fault them.

Just click on the "more" tab under each quote - lists the benefits in each.

As pricesavvy says eaach will have different benfits - the essential cover has just basic insurance. Consider what you want - some add ons you would never use so why pay for it!. If you did want legal protection you can buy this for £10/year - so no need to take this with your car insurance as usually a much greater price. bestpricefs.co.uk/mot…nze

You'll find that Fully Comp 'basic' cover with Hastings does not insure you to drive another car (with the owner's permission), unlike the usual FC policies. Check carefully, if this is something you require.
As a side note, I've always found Hastings very professional and always beat any lower quote I manage to find at renewal time, but I realise that's subjective.

I had Essentials a couple of years back and found out the hard way that there was no Windscreen cover, even on the comprehensive policy. My fault as I assumed it would be there. Check the policy cover carefully.

Original Poster

thanks for all the replies.
helped alot
appreciated

Just a note to anyone in regard to an insurance company named; Adrian Flux

DO NOT USE THESE ROBBING SCUMBAGS
Post a comment
@
    Text