Car insurance question

Found 9th Dec 2017
Here is a thought and answers will be interesting

This relates to a male purchasing car insurance.

Generally, car insurance is cheaper for women and although the insurers have been told this is unlawful due to discrimination (ECJ 2012), it is widely assumed that they are still offering female drivers lower premiums. So, the question is, if a man declares he considers himself to be a female (transgender), can he insist on being insured as female and therefore obtain a lower premium ?

Under sex discrimination laws, I see no reason why you couldn't do this

Am I wrong ?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
10 Comments

You maybe have to change your name, Steve or bill on your license would be the giveaway.

You would be in a world of **** in the event of an accident, you will end up in a legal battle for the sake of saving a few ££’s.

i'm speechless.....

adamspencer9510 m ago

i'm speechless.....

If that carries over into other threads, happy days.

shadey1221 m ago

If that carries over into other threads, happy days.

not really relevant, but no, it doesnt.

unlike the other thread, this isn't an endless spouting of garbage which to be honest, i gave up dealing with because people do not seem to want to accept logic and fact.

adamspencer953 m ago

not really relevant, but no, it doesnt.unlike the other thread, this isn't …not really relevant, but no, it doesnt.unlike the other thread, this isn't an endless spouting of garbage which to be honest, i gave up dealing with because people do not seem to want to accept logic and fact.

Nice of you to accept your faults, not really the thread for it though.
Have a nice WKD.

many questions like this are being asked not sure who decided it, goverment seem to want to avoid dealing with crap like this

shadey127 m ago

Nice of you to accept your faults, not really the thread for it …Nice of you to accept your faults, not really the thread for it though.Have a nice WKD.

coming from the one referring to Brexs*it threads on a car insurance thread.

i'm more than happy to accept my faults, but we both know that i was not referring to myself. good attempt to try and twist it though.

It’s unlawful to discriminate based on gender alone but insurance is about statistics and men account for far more of the deaths, slight and serious injuries I’m affraid.

im sure this has been tried before though, not sure I’d want to do it to save money though

Should be fine. Please let us know how it goes.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions