1. Tes Deals
Groups

Car Insurance quotes for people aged 24

Hi, I'm 24 and my car insurance is due in March, rather annoyingly I go 25 in April.

Will the fact I go 25 in April affect my premium I get in March? For instance currently if I get insured with Aviva my excess is an extra £200 because i'm under 25. Come April would this clause be void?

Would I be better getting a months insurance then getting a full insurance once I officially turn 25?

ps I know about shopping around Blah Blah Blah, my query just relates to the specific age question

3 Comments

It goes without saying insurance is cheaper the older you are but no claims is the most important to companys. Try a comparison site and do two qoutes, one with your real age and then lie on the other making you 25 now and see what diffrence it makes.

Original Poster

dc7911

It goes without saying insurance is cheaper the older you are but no … It goes without saying insurance is cheaper the older you are but no claims is the most important to companys. Try a comparison site and do two qoutes, one with your real age and then lie on the other making you 25 now and see what diffrence it makes.

Cheers mate, My biggest query is the excess though, surely as soon as I go 25 that clause should be void, but I could imagine they'd tie you to it! Not that I intend on having a crash mind you but its peace of mind.

Cheers for the heads up on changing the age, should of really thought of that doh!

No probs m8, as for the excess I think they will tie you to it as you will be 24 when you actually take out the policy.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Did you know?2951
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2336
      3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      4. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66

See more discussions