Groups

car insurance renewal

my car is due to be renewed in nov what happens if i ended it b4 that?i currently have 5 years no claims and im paying £43 a month

5 Comments

They may ask you to pay almost all that's due anyway. Probably no point.

I think you lose no claims if you don't use it too, might have 2 year gap max I think.

Sometimes they will refund part of the policy that you don't use, who are you insured with?

If you are paying monthly like you say you are, they will prop ask for this months and next months payment.

Original Poster

StudentJo;5605140

Sometimes they will refund part of the policy that you don't use, who are … Sometimes they will refund part of the policy that you don't use, who are you insured with?

the policy shop they were the cheapest at the time but when i changed car it went from £20 odd to £43 odd

edjaned;5605267

the policy shop they were the cheapest at the time but when i changed car … the policy shop they were the cheapest at the time but when i changed car it went from £20 odd to £43 odd

Their fees are ridiculous, I'm not sure whether you can actually cancel but the policy is probably made up of quite a lot of their fees spread out over the year on a credit agreement. My guess is that the price went up so much because they charge fees for adjusting the policy mid term. They also charge fees for canceling it so you probably wouldn't gain by doing that.

I am with zurich and they just refund on a pro rata basis... have to say they treat their customers very well and their renewal quotes have been cheaper than any other quotes I have been able to get (including their own quote for new customers). Would recommend them highly if you are shopping around.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …112248
      2. New Nintendo 3DS XL – SNES Edition available in UK from October510
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread415714095
      4. Are these two things distinctly different to you?31126

See more discussions