Found 4th Sep 2009
I've been driving for nearly 12 months now. In a couple of weeks, direct line will be sending me a renewal quote. Is this something that one can ring up and haggle down, like £10 or a bit more down?

12 Comments

lots of sites out there such as confused.com if you can find a cheaper quote then call them up and tell them you are thinking of changing and see what they say. unless you want to change to the cheaper insurer

+ 1 :thumbsup:
usually they will beat the lowest quote to keep you

Use quidco for savings, get a quote from confused.com and then search for the best companies in Quidco to see how much cashback they can offer you. ]http//ww…ncy

Just get plenty of quotes from other companies, you're sure to find a cheaper deal.
Then ask your current insurer to match it, If they won't, time to move on....
Don't forget to take into account any cashback you could get through Quidco or Topcashback, could make all the difference to the quote.

masterruckus;6207558

lots of sites out there such as confused.com if you can find a cheaper … lots of sites out there such as confused.com if you can find a cheaper quote then call them up and tell them you are thinking of changing and see what they say. unless you want to change to the cheaper insurer

Agreed. I did this last time mine was due for renewal. I got a cheaper quote on-line and direct line beat it by a few pounds

Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. I took a little gander on the price comparison websites, and the quotes were only fractionally cheaper than what I currently pay. I expect direct line to beat them comfortably, but what I'll do is use them again, see if I can get a cheaper quote to haggle Direct Line down a bit. Got no reason to switch from them. Car insurance is one of those things you have no idea for the quality until you actually claim.

I am wit Direct Line have been for about 6 years....
Best way to save money with them isto go onto gocompare + moneysupermarket
ten onto directline online. ( cheapest price for my car insurance for he last two years
has been directline.com!! ) then phone them up and they matched the online price
and gave me free legal assist or something as I complained that "regular"
customers should get a better deal.
( also got the 12 months interest free this way when it was only being offered
to "new customers only" )
worth a little effort and a phone call

take into account cashback sites though £50 or esure t the moment

i think the op wants to stay with direct line plus insurance cashbacks always take ages to come into the account. had to wait 2 years on my last one!

yes always haggle but look online too

Recently renewed ins on both car and bike, the renewals and online quotes were similar.
Managed to stay with the same insurance companies, Aviva- car & RSA-bike, but arranged on line via Swinton/Topcashback saved about £70/bike & £80/car.
Bike cashback £35 approved just waiting for echeque to clear . Still waiting for Swinton to send their £35.

Add a family member IE your mum older people on the policy give you a lower costing.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861869
    2. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet911
    3. I thought the 'Dementia tax' had gone for good,apparently not.610
    4. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…49112

See more discussions