Car Insurance.....aaahhh!!!!

8 replies
Found 19th Aug 2010
Why is there such a big difference in quotes? It's MAD!!!!!! It's bad enough doing it for myself but trying to sort it for my daughter (still a learner) is a an eye opener! There are quotes from 600 up to 3000!

8 Comments

Insurers will set a price for certain ages etc and then once they have sufficient numbers on their books, will increase their price and then another will reduce their prices to do likewise and so it goes on. In a months time, it will probably be different ones that are cheaper. Also some really dislike young drivers so they load their premiums even more. To be honest £600 for a learner probably isn't that bad, although I know for a fact you will probably disagree with me on that. All the best

Try changing her gender to a boy and then see what happens to the premiums (and then try again with a "full" licence as opposed to a provisional one. It's terrifying!!

with my 17 yr twins I wonder if I'd have a case for sex discrimination comparing their quotes???????

Original Poster

Yeah, I realise 600 isn't so bad...it's just the difference in prices is staggering! She can go on my policy for an extra 400 so I'll do that

Could give it to an insurance broker to hunt down the best deal for you? Save you going crazy @ "compare" sites!!

scabbers

Yeah, I realise 600 isn't so bad...it's just the difference in prices is … Yeah, I realise 600 isn't so bad...it's just the difference in prices is staggering! She can go on my policy for an extra 400 so I'll do that

But then she wont get any no claims bonus, After 1 year no claims my insurance halved...!!! First year it's always a nightmare.

Probably going to be cheaper now than after January when vat goes up etc..

shauneco

But then she wont get any no claims bonus, After 1 year no claims my … But then she wont get any no claims bonus, After 1 year no claims my insurance halved...!!! First year it's always a nightmare. Probably going to be cheaper now than after January when vat goes up etc..

Admiral will give no claim for second driver.

I'm 18 year old male passed my test nearly a year ago now - Learning insurance was £750 went upto £1900 when i passed. Never drove for about 7/8months Now my insurance having had my liscence for a year and having a "skilled" job is down to £30 a month compared to £165. Them quotes are all as 2nd drivers.

However i know of a few of my friends which are females who paid £400 insurance as second driver; one in a 1.6L Mini and the other in a 1.7L Diesel Focus. Its crazy. I would never get reasonible insurance on cars like that.

Original Poster

She's broken her ankle so no driving for ages now! Good job I didn't sign up online
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet2557
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522871
    3. Follow-up to the closure of Kids Company in 2015.1017
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769487

See more discussions