Car is going back to lease hire company and a Cheap alloy wheel refurbisher near Bolton needed, any suggestions?

Found 24th Jun 2017
My car is going back to the lease company next week and one of the alloys is scuffed so I'm after a cheap refurbisher near to Bolton, has anyone any advice please?
Community Updates
25 Comments
With a cheap refurbisher you risk the wheel ending up even worse; I would take the hit from the lease company for the minor damage, than risk a much bigger hit for a buggered up refurb.
Gentle_Giant

With a cheap refurbisher you risk the wheel ending up even worse; I would … With a cheap refurbisher you risk the wheel ending up even worse; I would take the hit from the lease company for the minor damage, than risk a much bigger hit for a buggered up refurb.

How much do think they will charge?
VW charged me £40 which was cheaper than the diamond cut refurb I would have had to get done
mike1212

VW charged me £40 which was cheaper than the diamond cut refurb I would … VW charged me £40 which was cheaper than the diamond cut refurb I would have had to get done

My alloys are normal ones so if they bill me £40 I can live with that. The bumper has some small scratches hopefully that will be put down to wear and tear.
Madchester

My alloys are normal ones so if they bill me £40 I can live with that. … My alloys are normal ones so if they bill me £40 I can live with that. The bumper has some small scratches hopefully that will be put down to wear and tear.

​If it's just in the clear lacquer on your bumper get some T cut scratch remover and gently buff it out. Then polish the bumper with some colour turtle wax or equivalent. It's only a problem if it's removed the paint underneath. Cost you less than a tenner and about 30 mins of your time.
I've used AWR in Bury before and they did a great job for about £40 but think it depends on the wheel finish. They are close to the Ford/Vauxhall dealerships. Always get my tyres from them too as a well established local business with competitive prices.
nipstyler

If it's just in the clear lacquer on your bumper get some T cut scratch … If it's just in the clear lacquer on your bumper get some T cut scratch remover and gently buff it out. Then polish the bumper with some colour turtle wax or equivalent. It's only a problem if it's removed the paint underneath. Cost you less than a tenner and about 30 mins of your time.

It has gone through

http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t538/antb774/IMG_0278_zpsmidrpa29.jpg
Edited by: "Madchester" 24th Jun 2017
Madchester

It has gone through

​Ah
Someone like chips away will be able to sort that out
nipstyler

Ah Someone like chips away will be able to sort that out

Do you think I'd get billed for it if I didn't sort it?
Madchester

​Have you read their t&c's?
Madchester

​I think you will most guidelines for lease wear and tear would be OK with a single mark on its own. That would be classed as damage. Chips away would charge between 60 and 80 quid to do that. It will be cheaper than the charge from the lease company. I've had lease vehicles for the last 10 years and it's always cheaper to get it done your self.
master10

Have you read their t&c's?

Yes. I will just get it done.
nipstyler

I think you will most guidelines for lease wear and tear would be OK with … I think you will most guidelines for lease wear and tear would be OK with a single mark on its own. That would be classed as damage. Chips away would charge between 60 and 80 quid to do that. It will be cheaper than the charge from the lease company. I've had lease vehicles for the last 10 years and it's always cheaper to get it done your self.

Thanks for the info.
Oo is it always works like that? What is the point of getting leased car then?
the can can a Groupon near Bolton... just go to the App and look for: Car wheel repaint
I took a Peugeot back handed back to Peaguet direct and they tried billing me for everything... scratches, excess milage, and CHEEKY SO & SO'S TRIED TO CHARGE ME £85 ISH FOR A VALETING & WASHING THE CAR..... WOULD NOT OF MINDED BUT I HAD CLEANED AND WASHED THE VEICHLE 1 HR. EFORE HANDING IT BACK.
the Groupon cost was £30
maverickyork

the can can a Groupon near Bolton... just go to the App and look for: Car … the can can a Groupon near Bolton... just go to the App and look for: Car wheel repaint

I couldn't find "The Can Can" but I found "Refurbishment for Up to Four Alloy Wheels at Autoworld" £38 for 1 wheel but I'm sure there's a £10 or £15 off code somewhere so should cost £23 or £28 for wheel refurb which is good.
HavocLP

Oo is it always works like that? What is the point of getting leased car … Oo is it always works like that? What is the point of getting leased car then?

The point of driving a leased car is to enjoy driving a brand new car with no...actually I can't be bothered.
dealership will.charge about £80 to 100
maverickyork

I took a Peugeot back handed back to Peaguet direct and they tried … I took a Peugeot back handed back to Peaguet direct and they tried billing me for everything... scratches, excess milage, and CHEEKY SO & SO'S TRIED TO CHARGE ME £85 ISH FOR A VALETING & WASHING THE CAR..... WOULD NOT OF MINDED BUT I HAD CLEANED AND WASHED THE VEICHLE 1 HR. EFORE HANDING IT BACK.

​so what happened than did you cough up?
Just the excess milage £130 and a small scratch £50 ish
I’m about to hand my leased car back to Nissan. Looking for cheapest way to get kerb wheel refurbished as I heard horror stories before. @maverickyork How big was the bill and scratch itself? Would you mind sharing what you did to drop other charges ? Thank you.
how bad is the damage? I never got charged for my few scuffs. It must have been considered fair wear and tear. There are deals on groupon for alloy refurbs diamond cut alloys cost more to refurb. it might be worth taking a chance of the damage isn't really bad you might get charged about £60 per wheel off the lease hire company or they might let you off.
I had a bad scratch on a black alloy 4 months ago cost me £70 cash to get fixed, as there is detailing of a lacquer sticker affect underneath could have cost more.

Just take photos of he car asell before sending back, also use WD-40 to cover light scratches on car paint work.... Guy who did my alloy advised me of this little trick.

When sending a car back and they bill you barter with them, but just be fair and stick to your guns.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants