Car issue Ford Focus mk2

Found 5th Apr
Any car buffs can help with this

Recently my mk2 has been playing up

When I'm in second or third mostly I put my foot down the car jumps /judders .i don't seem to do it at high speed more when I'm trying to gain speed , if it gets bad the engine light Amber flashes then goes back off

It started after I added some petrol last week and I've added fuel today and it's doing it again

I did put redex in which made it better

Engine sounds fine and is over heating or anything
Community Updates
AskCarFord
9 Comments
If it's a petrol model, could be coil pack.
rac.co.uk/for…etc
Thanks will look
adamderak4 h, 28 m ago

If it's a petrol model, could be coil …If it's a petrol model, could be coil pack.https://www.rac.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?19081-Ford-focus-core-plugs-juddering-etc

I would think if it's the coil pack it would mis fire all the time.
Sounds like a coil pack easy do it your self job
Spark plugs, leads or coil pack. Take your spark plugs out first as it doesn’t cost antything to check them. They might just be worn out, also have a good luck at the ceramic on them,if they have very fine black lines on the ceramic part then the plug leads are arcing out and will need new leads too. You might be better off changing all three as they are fairly common anyway, also check your oil leve
I had the exact same issue on my DS3, it was the spark plugs.
Someone's ford focus I know has lost all its 'oomph', it is slow to get up any incline and to gain speed. Could this also be the spark plugs ? Tia
*Turns out it's the clutch
Edited by: "jco83" 6th Apr
Use were rite ,spark plugs but they were in water to my horror ,aftwr looking online it's a fault with the screenwash it leaks down on to them so cleared chamber out il buy 5 new plugs as the were rusted was a nightmare getting them out ,ran before with no water in which helps amd ran without any misfire
ashmac11 h, 1 m ago

Use were rite ,spark plugs but they were in water to my horror ,aftwr …Use were rite ,spark plugs but they were in water to my horror ,aftwr looking online it's a fault with the screenwash it leaks down on to them so cleared chamber out il buy 5 new plugs as the were rusted was a nightmare getting them out ,ran before with no water in which helps amd ran without any misfire

Thanks for popping back and letting us know. For new plugs GSF have 58% off this weekend - code OFF58
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants