Groups
    EXPIRED

Car Jump Starter

I am looking for a car jump starter. So far, every one that I have come across has majority bad reviews. Therefore, could anyone recommend a good one? I've found the following, which SEEMS great, but sadly I can't find any reviews for it:

amazon.co.uk/Eas…8-5

2 Comments

Out of interest what do you want to use it for? If you have a car with a dud battery, buy a new battery - they're easy to fit and you can get good deals if you look around, e.g. carbatteriesonline.co.uk/

You could then use a car battery charger (the ones for approx £13 in Aldi and Lidl that come up on offer are quite good), and a pair of jump leads with the old battery for the same result. Or if not replacing the battery find one at a scrap yard, there should be some there that hold charge - take a multimeter with you. What will kill off a jump starter ultimately is the fact that the battery will die off due to not being charged up regularly enough.
    Edited by: "anewman" 15th Jun 2011

Do you want a mobile one or a mains one?

From experience don't buy those cheap plastic battery chargers as you'll end up paying twice. I've done a bit a research down this road before.

Buy something decent like a Clarke, which includes a starter function - a BC100N should be the lowest model you should consider.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions