Car keeps getting scratched

Found 20th Feb 2008
my dad parks his car at side of house every day and ocassionaly we have noticed DEEP scratches on the car drivers side (facing the pavement) and its been going on and off for about a year or 2 now and the person who does it does it very rarely like once every 2 months etc? We parked the car next to our en-bloc garage this week and we noticed another scratch this time on passengers door really bad. We want to get a new car but we cant until we find out who is doing this!! No one has a grudge against us and tbh we dont know many people round here and back on the subject of the scratch near garage...to do this the person would have to make a large detour to do it if you know what i mean.

So, i was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to catch the person. If there is any deals on cheap CCTV i would be pleased to look at them.

Thanks!

21 Comments

If you are looking for cctv to identify the culprit then you will probably best get a vari-focal lense so you can zoom to the poit where it may be happening. Also you will need to get decent low light one if vision at night is required. For best quality get one with as many tv lines as possible

Original Poster

is this any good??
argos.co.uk/sta…htm

dont want to spend to much money to catch this idiot

Yes CCTV of some kind is needed but until then ....................
If it was me I think I might invest in one of those 'fake' plastic cameras & put it inside the car where it can be seen .......................

" We want to get a new car but we cant until we find out who is doing this!! No one has a grudge against us "

Judging by your Avatar I guess you may well have NCFC stickers in your car. If so this could bringing it the unwanted attention !!

It wasn't me cos I dont know where you live !!! :whistling: Honest !! ;-)

Print up a couple of signs saying ' WARNING' 'this vehicle is being monitored 24 hours a day by cctv' and put them inside the drivers window and the passenger window when you leave the car,

Banned

Maybe silly but ever thought of parking the car in your garage.............

You say

No one has a grudge against us and tbh we dont know many people round here

cos no grudge, then whats probably the problem is because you don't really know anyone and you don't speak to anyone your a target,its same round here with us.I'm not involved with the neighbours and cos we keep ourselves to ourselves we get mick taken out of us.
I actually dread the time when we get a car cos I'll be thinking it get vandalised too and cos of way my rd is set you won't be getting to many ppl going through so if vandalised I be sure it be someone well nearby.

why do idiots do these things, what does it achieve

Idiots :x

Wire it up to the mains at night and see them dance when they scratch it!

pinkkitty2007;1608016

:giggle::giggle:

A simpler solution maybe to get one of these ]click

http://www.argos.co.uk/wcsstore/argos/images/7409594A64UC222044M.jpg

muckypup;1608206

A simpler solution maybe to get one of these ]click

Not as much fun as pinkkitty2007's suggestion though!!! :whistling:

pinkkitty2007;1608016

HAHAHAHA. I think you should do this too. Or just wait for them to come and sort them out.

Original Poster

No, we are not that much to ourselves, you know we all speak to neighbours when we see em out for a chat etc.

LOL hope it aint no scummers :thumbsup:

might get one of those covers thanks for suggestions everyone

Banned

dont you have a garage then?

kiwinator;1609436

No, we are not that much to ourselves, you know we all speak to … No, we are not that much to ourselves, you know we all speak to neighbours when we see em out for a chat etc. LOL hope it aint no scummers :thumbsup:might get one of those covers thanks for suggestions everyone

Probably not them then!

You know teenagers etc,some think it proves something to impress their friends by doing these things.

Original Poster

We do have a garage but its like a 2 min walk away and there is no point. hmm might be teenagers will have to look about

Banned

I'd rather have a 2 minute walk than an expensive repair job
Post a comment
@
    Text