Groups

Car key chip help

hi can anyone help me?
    My son had managed to lose the chip that sits inside the key to my vauxhall astra 51 plate
    How silly did i feel when the aa man arrived only to try the car and immediately see that it was missing
    looked evrywhere near the car for it to no avail
    Any suggestions of how to go about replacing or alternatively bypassing the immobiliser without going to the main dealer would be very much appreciated
    I am located in derby

4 Comments

You could try this guy..

lostcarkeyco.co.uk/ind…tml

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/images/Banner/lost.jpg

He advertises on a car fourm a use. - i have never used him but heard good reports.

Rick

didnt you get a spare key with another chip as 2 are supplied new?

im afraid its a dealer job if not,my dad had to get one for his Citroen c4 not long back and cost him £88 for the key and too have it cut and have the chip coded to his car which needed a special machine.

You could try a local auto locksmith.

Banned

quizmaniac;8442620

didnt you get a spare key with another chip as 2 are supplied new?im … didnt you get a spare key with another chip as 2 are supplied new?im afraid its a dealer job if not,my dad had to get one for his Citroen c4 not long back and cost him £88 for the key and too have it cut and have the chip coded to his car which needed a special machine.

£88 is cheap. My car key broke so I only have one now. Honda want £250 to create a spare!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3955
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions