Car lease deals - with or without Maintenance

Found 9th Aug 2017Edited by:"mrew42"
Just looking at my first car lease deal and wondered for those that have experience in this field.... any view on maintenance included in the deal or not?
I'm looking at a Volkswagen Tiguan for £254 p/m - including maintenance would add another £20 to that.
£240 per year £480 over the whole term
Maintenance covers servicing (collection and delivery back)
Tyres are covered as are bulbs batteries exhausts etc.

Any views?
Ta
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
most depends on the miles you intend to do and length of contract
What milage are you doing? Realistically bulbs, batteries exhausts won't need changing.
Depending on milage you may need to change 2 tyres and then you have servicing that will probably be that amount a year anyway.

If realistically you think you'll need to change 2 tyres before you hand it back then it is worthwhile doing.
Original Poster
Good point both - 8000p/a and 2 years contract
I lease but does not include maintenance, you can buy cheaper. In relation to tyres, on mileage of 8000/year your total is 16,000 - my tyres generally last into the 20ks.

Don't forget your GAP insurance too ...unless you want to take a risk. i.e. if the car is written off, GAP pays the difference between the write-off value and the value the leasing company would expect to recover - from you.
Edited by: "Splodger101" 9th Aug 2017
Original Poster
Splodger10118 m ago

I lease but does not include maintenance, you can buy cheaper. In relation …I lease but does not include maintenance, you can buy cheaper. In relation to tyres, on mileage of 8000/year your total is 16,000 - my tyres generally last into the 20ks.Don't forget your GAP insurance too ...unless you want to take a risk. i.e. if the car is written off, GAP pays the difference between the write-off value and the value the leasing company would expect to recover - from you.

Good shout re: GAP - i'll look into that, but may forgo the Maintenance
If you're looking to keep for 2 years, it's easy to work out. In 2 years you'll probably need 2 services (unless you're doing high mileage you might need more), just find out how much these services would cost you and if it's more than the £480, it's a no brainer.
Tyre wise - does it include punctures etc or just wear and tear?
mrew4257 m ago

Good shout re: GAP - i'll look into that, but may forgo the Maintenance

also read you contract some require the outstanding rentals to be paid if written off and gap can also cover that
I paid for oil and filter twice, £30 each, £60 total servicing for a three year lease 🏻
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions