car lease - quick query

Posted 6th Feb
Forgive ignorance, never leased before. If lease is 8k miles annually on 2 year lease can you do 10k first year and 6 k years 2? Or does it have to be under 8k both yearsd?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
AndyRoyd06/02/2020 15:39

Lease co won't usually know or care, but in circumstances such as total …Lease co won't usually know or care, but in circumstances such as total loss or early termination the hirer's obligations will be greater if the balance of allowance is biased towards the start of the term.

Can't you ever just stick to thinking inside the box
8 Comments
Based on this advice I would say it won't matter if you're over one year but under the following year provided that you don't exceed the total agreed mileage of 16k:

allcarleasing.co.uk/mil…ge/

But it would be best to ask whoever you're leasing the car from, as you're entering into a contract that you will need to abide by.
don't think it matters.... I've got a lease and they don't check, just have to make sure I'm not over at the end.
Checked when you hand it back. Maybe theoretical but I would question your mileage if you think you will do 4k less the next year (unless moving closer to work or something). Cheers
How would they even know when you did the miles?
deeky06/02/2020 15:31

How would they even know when you did the miles?

Lease co won't usually know or care, but in circumstances such as total loss or early termination the hirer's obligations will be greater if the balance of allowance is biased towards the start of the term.
AndyRoyd06/02/2020 15:39

Lease co won't usually know or care, but in circumstances such as total …Lease co won't usually know or care, but in circumstances such as total loss or early termination the hirer's obligations will be greater if the balance of allowance is biased towards the start of the term.

Can't you ever just stick to thinking inside the box
Cheers all. Thinking of retiring next year. Commute is 70 miles daily, so high mileage year one.
No issue at all as they check at the end of the lease only.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants