Found 7th Jul 2009
Hope someone in the know can help pls?

I have 2 cars - and only have bought legal insurance with one - I understood that this would cover both cars -- but now an insurance company has told my mother in law that you need legal cover for each car.

Does anyone know what is right?

(Legal car cover/insurance NOT motor insurance)

1. Misc
  2. Car
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Car
10 Comments

you do not need to buy legal cover...if you watch TV you will see umpteen companies advertising it for free.
Dont waste your money on it...

yes i would have thought both cars would have to be insured

Original Poster

mosskeeto;5681777

you do not need to buy legal cover...if you watch TV you will see umpteen … you do not need to buy legal cover...if you watch TV you will see umpteen companies advertising it for free.Dont waste your money on it...

Have had to use it twice in the last 5 years - with idiots hitting us - so I don't mind paying it TBH.

I just don't want to pay it twice

I think each car has to be insured before you can tax them

ttwcd;5681778

yes i would have thought both cars would have to be insured

jeany123;5681850

I think each car has to be insured before you can tax them

I dont think the OP is talking Insurance itself, just the legal cover they try to sell you on top.

Original Poster

harlzter;5681861

I dont think the OP is talking Insurance itself, just the legal cover … I dont think the OP is talking Insurance itself, just the legal cover they try to sell you on top.

Yes - legal cover insurance NOT car insurance - I was a little confused there :oops:

Paying for legal cover on top of vehicle insurance is a waste of money, s]ee here for free legal cover if you feel you must have it.

mrspatch;5681896

Yes - legal cover insurance NOT car insurance - I was a little confused … Yes - legal cover insurance NOT car insurance - I was a little confused there :oops:

+1

Some companies add it for free if you get a better quote from somewhere else.

oops sorry read it wrong no we dont buy the legal cover for our car
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Gas Cooker Hose Required78
    2. Foo fighters presale code.3642
    3. Mobile WiFi calling?22
    4. Can you improve my PC build?44

See more discussions