car mats in the washing machine

Found 10th Dec 2009
has anybody done it??
Have had a cola accident and mats all sticky, just wondering whether it would be safe to put them in the washer!

10 Comments

They will go limp :santa:

Give it a good hose down with a power washer.

yes and was a bad idea as blocked my washing machine with all the dirt and mud. expensive wsh cycle that

I wouldn't.

It's a shame ( but only for this) that we have some dry days coming up as I would have just put them on the line in the downpours. Now you have to wash them in a bucket.

In a word.... VAX....

Failing that, jetwash as said above!

Don't put them in the washing machine!

Banned

i put one of the big magic mats in, should have heard the racket, although it cleaned it a treat, if you do dont use comfort/lenor

Car mats are cheaper than washing machines. Dont risk the machine. Scrubbing brush and bucket of soapy water might be best

Banned

WoolyM;7186459

Car mats are cheaper than washing machines. Dont risk the machine. … Car mats are cheaper than washing machines. Dont risk the machine. Scrubbing brush and bucket of soapy water might be best

i agree :oops:

shove them in the bath with a cup of washing powder/liquid

sassie;7186373

i put one of the big magic mats in, should have heard the racket, … i put one of the big magic mats in, should have heard the racket, although it cleaned it a treat, if you do dont use comfort/lenor

Sort of mistake you only make once. I know I have done similar

Banned

WoolyM;7186516

Sort of mistake you only make once. I know I have done similar

i always put my little magic carpet in, that aint to bad, but thought ide try the bigger one, not the best decision i have ever made, but not the worst - lol
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Quidco Snow me the money Competition831109
    2. Win Longines Ladies Watch worth £117044
    3. Ending: 03/12 - A giveaway for a £175 Freedom To Exist Watch12
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 46 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1515

See more discussions