Car MOT due in 3 weeks

Posted 24th Mar
Hi all, hope you're keeping well...

Just a quick question but my car mot is due in 3 weeks, as it stands we'll probably still be told to stay in or garages etc will be closed (if they'renot already). We will need to use my car for essential things but if theres no mot on it we can't. Any ideas as to what to do? thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
As it stands car garages are deemed essential and are staying open so you should still be able to get your MOT done.
Two answers to what you raise:

1) garages are still open - my local indy (after checking government guidelines this morning) is presently doing a collection and return service to minimise contact and keep themselves afloat.

2) Several forces have already announced that present times are unprecedented and consideration will be given to that fact on this matter.
I already had mine booked in for Friday. Just rang them and they intend to stay open unless instructed otherwise. He said lorry's won't need one for another 3 months but no decission made on cars yet. I guess if they have to close then cars would be exempt for 3 months also but have to wait and see.
They are all closed in N.Ireland (this morning), although we are different as they are ran by the government. The way it worked here with our whole "lifts issues", was if you due one within 2 weeks I think it was, they automatically issued you with an exemption certificate extending your MOT for 3 months, which allowed for you to Tax and keep the car insured. Though was an issue around cars which only getting first MOT as they had no certificate to extend. If they do close them in rest of UK I'd imagine they would use the same process.

40178245-HxFeG.jpg
Thank you all
If its due in 3 weeks get it booked in

You can get it mot'd a month before it expires.
Showrooms & car sales businesses should be shut. Repair garages & MOT stations can still open.
Just announced.

”All cars, vans and motorcycles which usually would require an MOT test will be exempted from needing a test from 30 March 2020. Vehicles must be kept in a roadworthy condition, and garages will remain open for essential repair work. Drivers can be prosecuted if driving unsafe vehicles.“

gov.uk/gov…rus
if you mot is due after 30 march you have 6 extra months to get it done.
metro.co.uk/202…91/

looks like it has been posted on HOTUKDEALS hotukdeals.com/dis…647
Edited by: "Mackan" 25th Mar
Maybe u can buy the things u need and go online and ask for the help😄
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants