Car park fine UKPC

Found 22nd Sep 2017
hi. so I've recieved my first car park charge but I do not agree with it. basically I've parked my car outside mothercare in reading where is 2h free carpark and went inside to do shopping. it was approx 11:30am on the 1st of June. on the parking fine it's stated car seen at 11:35, and issue time 11:47am. so after an hour of shopping to my surprise I've found yellow sticker on the windscreen. ive appeal on UKPC website as I've got ereceipt from mothercare and Clark's but had no reply till today when recieved letter from debt collectors with charge of £160. any advice?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
20 Comments

Did you leave the car park to go shopping elsewhere?

Original Poster

Nope. Just staid on the site, there are few shops there

Were they claiming you had arrived earlier or left later than you actuall did?

Tell the debt collector that you dispute the fine, that will put a hold on them.
Then raise a complaint with UKPC or better yet, speak directly to the land owner.

were you parked in the area with a separate time limit? or perhaps a license/pass only area?

they usually only issue tickets they know they can enforce so to me it sounds like we are missing some detail

Go to mothercare and Clarks with your receipts and parking fine and argue it with them. Them shops wantcustomers to park there then they need to think about who they have driving away there customers with over zealous parking wardens.

If the ticket says 11:35 to 11:47 then that's only 12 minutes, so something doesn't add up.

POWYSWALES54 m ago

Go to mothercare and Clarks with your receipts and parking fine and argue …Go to mothercare and Clarks with your receipts and parking fine and argue it with them. Them shops wantcustomers to park there then they need to think about who they have driving away there customers with over zealous parking wardens.

its got nothing to do with either of them and they cant do anything anyway

Sounds mad but did you actually put a parking ticket on your car even for the free 2 hours? Many of these private car parks you still need a ticket for the free time.

If you did need a ticket and for what ever reason never you may struggle to get it cancelled. (Sorry)

I'm thinking along the lines due to the short time scale of you parking your car and getting a ticket.

THERE IS NO DEBT COLLECTOR AS NO DEBT EXISTS.

The vultures sit and wait for you driving in, ANY issues with dates and times from their end means anything they issue is invalid as at the "independent" appeals process they wont bother responding or offering a defense and any "charge" will be forfeit.

These companies prey on fear, they want single mothers and the elderly to just pay.
You will get a few letters all claiming to try and help you "pay" or costs go up blah blah blah.
If your daft enough to respond you will get
1st letter you owe us XXX and will have blue chequres to look all police like.
2nd letter offers a discount to try and tempt you.
3rd letter price reduced to 75% to "show the court (ha ha ha) they tried to help" and threats of bailiffs.
4th letter from bailiff company. Don't be a mug this company is owned by the car park company. Price is the original.
5th letter from same bailiffs offering 50% discount and more court action lies.
6th letter from second bailiff company, more tripe and lies (this company will also be owned by the car park company.

Letters stop as they know your not falling for it and your just binning the letters. Its nor worth the hassle for them, see my point about the elderly and single mothers. IF YOU RESPOND they know they have the correct person and wont stop. To fight this write to them accepting their contract on the provision of several documents including any evidence they claim to have.
To to YouTube and search DANIEL BOSTOCK, he has some good videos with what to ask for.
I AGREE THAT THERE SHOULD BE SOME FORM OF DETERRENT TO PARKING IN CAR PARKS THAT ARE PAID FOR BY THE SHOPS AND PEOPLE NAFF OFF TO WORK but these companies will use your lack of knowledge to bully and intimidate you.

TO ALL HUKDERS WHEN YOU GO TO A CARPARK AND TGE MACHINE IS KNACKERED DONT WALK OFF ALL SMUG. TAKE A PHOTO AS EVIDENCE, A SCUM COMPANY TRIED TO GIVE ME THREE "CHARGES" BUT I WAS INTERESTED TO SEE HOW THE SYSTEM WORKS. EVEN WITH THE PHOTOS THEY REFUSED THE APPEAL BECAUSE TGEY JUST WANT MONEY. I WENT THROUGH THE INDEPENDENT (PFFFT) APPEALS AND WON OBVIOUSLY.

POWYSWALES11 h, 51 m ago

Go to mothercare and Clarks with your receipts and parking fine and argue …Go to mothercare and Clarks with your receipts and parking fine and argue it with them. Them shops wantcustomers to park there then they need to think about who they have driving away there customers with over zealous parking wardens.

2nd this. The parking companies aren't interested in appeals.
Take it up with mothercare/Clarks. Your their customer and they have the power to have it removed. I've had this done several times

Graham197923rd Sep

THERE IS NO DEBT COLLECTOR AS NO DEBT EXISTS.The vultures sit and wait for …THERE IS NO DEBT COLLECTOR AS NO DEBT EXISTS.The vultures sit and wait for you driving in, ANY issues with dates and times from their end means anything they issue is invalid as at the "independent" appeals process they wont bother responding or offering a defense and any "charge" will be forfeit. These companies prey on fear, they want single mothers and the elderly to just pay.You will get a few letters all claiming to try and help you "pay" or costs go up blah blah blah.If your daft enough to respond you will get1st letter you owe us XXX and will have blue chequres to look all police like.2nd letter offers a discount to try and tempt you.3rd letter price reduced to 75% to "show the court (ha ha ha) they tried to help" and threats of bailiffs.4th letter from bailiff company. Don't be a mug this company is owned by the car park company. Price is the original.5th letter from same bailiffs offering 50% discount and more court action lies.6th letter from second bailiff company, more tripe and lies (this company will also be owned by the car park company.Letters stop as they know your not falling for it and your just binning the letters. Its nor worth the hassle for them, see my point about the elderly and single mothers. IF YOU RESPOND they know they have the correct person and wont stop. To fight this write to them accepting their contract on the provision of several documents including any evidence they claim to have.To to YouTube and search DANIEL BOSTOCK, he has some good videos with what to ask for.I AGREE THAT THERE SHOULD BE SOME FORM OF DETERRENT TO PARKING IN CAR PARKS THAT ARE PAID FOR BY THE SHOPS AND PEOPLE NAFF OFF TO WORK but these companies will use your lack of knowledge to bully and intimidate you.TO ALL HUKDERS WHEN YOU GO TO A CARPARK AND TGE MACHINE IS KNACKERED DONT WALK OFF ALL SMUG. TAKE A PHOTO AS EVIDENCE, A SCUM COMPANY TRIED TO GIVE ME THREE "CHARGES" BUT I WAS INTERESTED TO SEE HOW THE SYSTEM WORKS. EVEN WITH THE PHOTOS THEY REFUSED THE APPEAL BECAUSE TGEY JUST WANT MONEY. I WENT THROUGH THE INDEPENDENT (PFFFT) APPEALS AND WON OBVIOUSLY.

Similar to this. You can even run the risk of not bothering to respond as they have to prove you was the driver of the car. It’s a parking invoice not a penalty.

jamstaruk197222nd Sep

its got nothing to do with either of them and they cant do anything anyway

yes they can, they are the land owners who "hired" the parking enforcement company

Graham197923rd Sep

THERE IS NO DEBT COLLECTOR AS NO DEBT EXISTS.The vultures sit and wait for …THERE IS NO DEBT COLLECTOR AS NO DEBT EXISTS.The vultures sit and wait for you driving in, ANY issues with dates and times from their end means anything they issue is invalid as at the "independent" appeals process they wont bother responding or offering a defense and any "charge" will be forfeit. These companies prey on fear, they want single mothers and the elderly to just pay.You will get a few letters all claiming to try and help you "pay" or costs go up blah blah blah.If your daft enough to respond you will get1st letter you owe us XXX and will have blue chequres to look all police like.2nd letter offers a discount to try and tempt you.3rd letter price reduced to 75% to "show the court (ha ha ha) they tried to help" and threats of bailiffs.4th letter from bailiff company. Don't be a mug this company is owned by the car park company. Price is the original.5th letter from same bailiffs offering 50% discount and more court action lies.6th letter from second bailiff company, more tripe and lies (this company will also be owned by the car park company.Letters stop as they know your not falling for it and your just binning the letters. Its nor worth the hassle for them, see my point about the elderly and single mothers. IF YOU RESPOND they know they have the correct person and wont stop. To fight this write to them accepting their contract on the provision of several documents including any evidence they claim to have.To to YouTube and search DANIEL BOSTOCK, he has some good videos with what to ask for.I AGREE THAT THERE SHOULD BE SOME FORM OF DETERRENT TO PARKING IN CAR PARKS THAT ARE PAID FOR BY THE SHOPS AND PEOPLE NAFF OFF TO WORK but these companies will use your lack of knowledge to bully and intimidate you.TO ALL HUKDERS WHEN YOU GO TO A CARPARK AND TGE MACHINE IS KNACKERED DONT WALK OFF ALL SMUG. TAKE A PHOTO AS EVIDENCE, A SCUM COMPANY TRIED TO GIVE ME THREE "CHARGES" BUT I WAS INTERESTED TO SEE HOW THE SYSTEM WORKS. EVEN WITH THE PHOTOS THEY REFUSED THE APPEAL BECAUSE TGEY JUST WANT MONEY. I WENT THROUGH THE INDEPENDENT (PFFFT) APPEALS AND WON OBVIOUSLY.

worst advice ever. UKPC enforces those fines now and they take people to court....

pepipoo.com/
OP go to that webpage (read the rules before posting eg hide personal details) and I'm sure people will help you more than here.

mattsk1 h, 4 m ago

worst advice ever. UKPC enforces those fines now and they take people to …worst advice ever. UKPC enforces those fines now and they take people to court....http://www.pepipoo.com/OP go to that webpage (read the rules before posting eg hide personal details) and I'm sure people will help you more than here.

No debt exists and never did, there will be nothing on any credit report, there is no court, if you reply they know they have the right person and will try to harass and bluff their way. The PEPIPOO appeals system was what I used to see how the system works, was quite simple BUT you need to know what words to use in the appeal. To appeal to PEPIPOO you first have to waste your time with an appeal to whoever the car park operator is, no matter what evidence you have they will say they investigated and you owe them cold hard cash, so pay now and if you win the PEPIPOO appeal, its all bull.

IF you have the evidence then appeal and you will see how the system works, if not just ignore, they wont take individual people to court as it costs them to do so and they can't claim back costs for the staff member who has to attend etc.

IT IS A FISHING EXERCISE TO SEE WHO IS DAFT ENOUGH TO BITE

The recent nurses at their place of work was a different matter because they were running up dozens of tickets, the company knew that if it continued the problem would grow. PR disaster for the hospital, the scummy parking sharks don't care.

Graham19791 h, 36 m ago

No debt exists and never did, there will be nothing on any credit report, …No debt exists and never did, there will be nothing on any credit report, there is no court, if you reply they know they have the right person and will try to harass and bluff their way. The PEPIPOO appeals system was what I used to see how the system works, was quite simple BUT you need to know what words to use in the appeal. To appeal to PEPIPOO you first have to waste your time with an appeal to whoever the car park operator is, no matter what evidence you have they will say they investigated and you owe them cold hard cash, so pay now and if you win the PEPIPOO appeal, its all bull.IF you have the evidence then appeal and you will see how the system works, if not just ignore, they wont take individual people to court as it costs them to do so and they can't claim back costs for the staff member who has to attend etc.IT IS A FISHING EXERCISE TO SEE WHO IS DAFT ENOUGH TO BITEThe recent nurses at their place of work was a different matter because they were running up dozens of tickets, the company knew that if it continued the problem would grow. PR disaster for the hospital, the scummy parking sharks don't care.

Pretty much this^.

In theory they could take you to a small claims court and possibly win, No guarantees either way. Or you could sue them for harassment when they send scary letters and try and intimidate you with fake bailiffs that have no legal rights as they're not County court bailiffs etc.. They're part of the same parking company that issued the "parking charge".

If you're a repeat offender then I would guess they would be more inclined to try their luck at a County court.

If you're going to waste your time appealing then your best bet would be to appeal to Mothercare, Speak or write a letter to the manager and they will often get the ticket squashed. Baring that you can either pay or ignore.

Graham19792 h, 27 m ago

No debt exists and never did, there will be nothing on any credit report, …No debt exists and never did, there will be nothing on any credit report, there is no court, if you reply they know they have the right person and will try to harass and bluff their way. The PEPIPOO appeals system was what I used to see how the system works, was quite simple BUT you need to know what words to use in the appeal. To appeal to PEPIPOO you first have to waste your time with an appeal to whoever the car park operator is, no matter what evidence you have they will say they investigated and you owe them cold hard cash, so pay now and if you win the PEPIPOO appeal, its all bull.IF you have the evidence then appeal and you will see how the system works, if not just ignore, they wont take individual people to court as it costs them to do so and they can't claim back costs for the staff member who has to attend etc.IT IS A FISHING EXERCISE TO SEE WHO IS DAFT ENOUGH TO BITEThe recent nurses at their place of work was a different matter because they were running up dozens of tickets, the company knew that if it continued the problem would grow. PR disaster for the hospital, the scummy parking sharks don't care.

.MUFC.51 m ago

Pretty much this^.In theory they could take you to a small claims court …Pretty much this^.In theory they could take you to a small claims court and possibly win, No guarantees either way. Or you could sue them for harassment when they send scary letters and try and intimidate you with fake bailiffs that have no legal rights as they're not County court bailiffs etc.. They're part of the same parking company that issued the "parking charge".If you're a repeat offender then I would guess they would be more inclined to try their luck at a County court. If you're going to waste your time appealing then your best bet would be to appeal to Mothercare, Speak or write a letter to the manager and they will often get the ticket squashed. Baring that you can either pay or ignore.

im sure people on pepipoo would disagree with you.
but hey lets trust random experts from hukd with 0 experience
The fact is that you (Graham1979) dont even know what pepipoo is which makes you look like a right damn fool
Edited by: "mattsk" 24th Sep 2017

mattsk45 m ago

im sure people on pepipoo would disagree with you. but hey lets trust …im sure people on pepipoo would disagree with you. but hey lets trust random experts from hukd with 0 experienceThe fact is that you (Graham1979) dont even know what pepipoo is which makes you look like a right damn fool

It's with experience, having ignored previous tickets myself and doing research. I'm not denying it could potentially go to a small claims. However the reality is that the risk is minimal. The op has a few choices.

Wouldn't surprise me if the parking companies have shares in peppipoo ;). Yes they won a case at the supreme court etc. Whoopee, one in probably millions of cases of unpaid "parking charges".

Did you stay over 2 hours that's all that is needed. If yes pay your fine. If no then contest it.

mattsk10 h, 4 m ago

yet another dumb advicesince October 2012 when the Protection of Freedoms …yet another dumb advicesince October 2012 when the Protection of Freedoms Act came into force they can enforce payment on to the keeper

Yet again not dumb advice...it’s luck of the draw if they decide to proceed with court action.

I had a ticket from UKCPM, turned to MSE forums and had a solicitor assist me with the removal of the ticket. According to most of the users on there, my first wrong move was telling them I was the driver at the time and communicating with them at early stages.

Chose your words to describe others wisely. We all have different experiences to share.
Edited by: "hairray" 25th Sep 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants