Groups
    EXPIRED

car part needed...

I borrowed my friends van today and broke the light (the plastic outer cover), is there anywhere i can buy the cover and not the whole unit?
    If not wheres the cheapest place to buy one?

rep added for any help!

12 Comments

Banned

usually the outer lens is glued to the unit, so no

have to ebay for the unit

you can buy coloured tape to do a fair repair that lasts a while

Original Poster

jubbyme;8511366

usually the outer lens is glued to the unit, so nohave to ebay for the … usually the outer lens is glued to the unit, so nohave to ebay for the unityou can buy coloured tape to do a fair repair that lasts a while

thanks for the reply, I dont think my mate will go for the bodge up, Its the light that sits above the back doors on the van, I cant see any on ebay, any idea what there called? Is it a tail light?

you'll have to give us a clue on what van it is :thinking:

Original Poster

richp;8511439

you'll have to give us a clue on what van it is :thinking:

sorry, its a boxer and its an 06 plate. cheers

Scrap yard?

rockerfella20;8511463

sorry, its a boxer and its an 06 plate. cheers

im guessing then its the rear light unit, you could try ]GSF car parts or ]Euro car parts or failing that a scrap yard.

dont forget these will be sided near /side nearest to kerb or off/side futherst from kerb dont know if this is the one as it looks like they changed in 06
    *********.co.uk/PEU…535
    also as someone as said a local car breakers in yellow pages might help on the phone

I'd try your local scrappies....they've come up trumps for us a few times

Original Poster

thanks for the replies so far, its the light that sits above the back doors in the middle, there is a local scrap yard but its quite a new van and the scrap yard have been known to charge 'new' prices for second hand parts so i wanted to see how cheap i could get it online first. cheers.

high level brake light.

It won't be that much from the dealers.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…33
      2. Advertised on Gumtree55
      3. Remortgaging to pay off debt89
      4. Cheapest new phone line install existing customer56

See more discussions