Groups

Car parts - Window seal/trim for Fiesta ST?!

I'm looking for the rubber/plastic part that goes on the vertical edge of a Fiesta ST drivers side door and cannot find it for love nor money! I'm searching for Fiesta ST window seal and window trim but it's not coming up with much (apart from full sets at almost £200 or grotesque chrome ones). Does anyone buy a lot of spares or anything and know a good place to try?!

9 Comments

Have you tried somewhere like 1stchoice.co.uk/

go to a ford dealers and get the exact part number for what you want,you can then search from there...also will give you a rough price guide
    Edited by: "boothy" 30th Apr 2011

Believe it or not sometimes it's actually cheaper to buy the parts from Ford, As boothy suggests though, However in past experience they've been reluctant to give out part number details.

Original Poster

:(I spoke to Ford - they want £30 for it. For ONE piece of moulded rubber less than a metre long! There's no fixings or anything, it just glues on!!! Like Shauneco said, the guy wasn't happy about giving the part number, but doing a search on that brings up very little as most parts sites seem to search on actual item rather than item number and I the nearest I can find is a "door seal" which wouldn't be the right thing! Maybe I'll have to go with Ford

by a new one from ford you tight ****

Original Poster

janz70

by a new one from ford you tight ****

Ummm... aren't you the one that buys mouldy food from the reduced section at Tesco? My my, aren't you one to talk!

Banned

Search fleabay for "fiesta st breaking" they don't list every part....just contact the sellers and ask if they have the trim and do an off ebay deal....some sellers will list the part for you to buy with ebay protection if you would rather do it that way
    Edited by: "slamdunkin" 13th May 2011

Tbh I'd go with a brand new Ford part too, second hand maybe not as good as new and out of shape having been fiitted and removed from another car, any none original parts may also be substandard. For £30 it's just not worth the hassle IMO.
    Edited by: "greg_68" 13th May 2011

Banned

Used: http://vehicles.motorhog.co.uk/breaking-vehicles/
    New: 01246 855385 (parts number for gk ford, prob same price as you have but worth a shot - direct line to parts dept as well I believe)

PS: I'm in agreement - pay for the OEM ford part.
    Edited by: "vibeone" 13th May 2011
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553779
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047092
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7071341
      4. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?715

See more discussions