Car problem focus 55 plate suspension

Found 19th Feb
Hi guys wonder if anyone can give me some advice

I noticed a knocking over doors bump ect in the road so I took a look today as it only started yesterday and on looking it looks like one of the bolts have sheered of on the wishbone I think it mite be

I’ve added pics of the one intact and the damaged one

Will this cost me a lot ,would should I be paying

Thanks

https://ibb.co/cW9TAn
https://ibb.co/gM6mwS
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
I live in a place just voted worse roads in Manchester by the way ,good to see my tax goes to the repairs .my car is gettting smashed everyday and the sopped bumps from years ago are no square harsh blocks with craters next to them it’s a bloody joke
Edited by: "ashmac" 19th Feb
OP's pics

Looks like a anti roll bar bush or a tie bar these are no to dear ! Fitting should be roughly a hour at most ! Depends on model but front and rear drop links are £17 on eBay ! Hope this helps
Ok thanks,as I had no clue what they are haha
ashmac1 h, 51 m ago

I love i a place just voted worse roads in Manchester by the way ,good to …I love i a place just voted worse roads in Manchester by the way ,good to see my tax goes to the repairs .my car is gettting smashed everyday and the sopped bumps from years ago are no square harsh blocks with craters next to them it’s a bloody joke

Likewise, similar situation in Cambs. The roads are terrible here too. Its like a slalom driving to work in the mornings dodging pot holes.

I think they are waiting for enough debris to fall off motorists cars to fill the holes for them and save them a job....
Its an anti roll bar bush yeah. Aswell getting them both dne at the same time
Yep agree with the above. They are easy to do although you may want to spray it all up with some wd40 well before you try and undo it. Depending on the type some need you to use an Allen key and a spanner as it’s a sort of locking mechanism so check your Haines manual for Reference.
123batman3212 h, 29 m ago

Its an anti roll bar bush yeah. Aswell getting them both dne at the same …Its an anti roll bar bush yeah. Aswell getting them both dne at the same time

So have to get both sides done you say
ashmac35 m ago

So have to get both sides done you say

Yes, They're pretty cheap and don't take long, 5 minute job at garage or an hour job at home diy ;).
.MUFC.11 m ago

Yes, They're pretty cheap and don't take long, 5 minute job at garage or …Yes, They're pretty cheap and don't take long, 5 minute job at garage or an hour job at home diy ;).

Ok thanks for this 🏻
.MUFC.22 h, 12 m ago

Yes, They're pretty cheap and don't take long, 5 minute job at garage or …Yes, They're pretty cheap and don't take long, 5 minute job at garage or an hour job at home diy ;).

Half hour a side book time lol
.MUFC.19th Feb

Just got call from garage said he will have to replace both sides and it’s £90
ashmac12 m ago

Just got call from garage said he will have to replace both sides and it’s …Just got call from garage said he will have to replace both sides and it’s £90

That sounds about right, Probably an hour labour and £40 ish for parts. You could probably have got them cheaper on eBay etc.
Didn’t have time need car for 7am in the morning for Work so they had me buy the balls neder a quick fix

Thanks for your help
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions