Car problem - leaking!

Posted 4th Oct
Hi.

Just wondering if anyone can help me. I have a peugeot 308 and every time it rains the drivers footwell gets soaking wet, its 100% rainwater and It doesnt look like its the door seals.

Not much to go on i know, but anyone had the same problem with their car?

Any advice?

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
Had windscreen replaced? I did on car and drivers foot well was always wet. I got and put tape around screen seal at one point but it don't last
Edited by: "wayners" 4th Oct
wayners04/10/2019 15:45

Had windscreen replaced? I did on car and drivers foot well was always …Had windscreen replaced? I did on car and drivers foot well was always wet. I got and put tape around screen seal at one point but it don't last

The windscreen seal on the bottom of the windscreen has actually come off but i have really strong tape around it and i dont think water is getting through, i have tested it many times with the hose pipe when its been dry and not a drop got through!

Im thinking the problem is something else. 🙃
Had the same problem in the passenger footwell of a car I owned years ago, it was the seal on the windscreen.

I used a caulk gun to run clear silicon along the seal on the side and bottom of the windscreen on that side of the car and it did the trick for the cost of a couple of quid.

Another possibilty is a leaking heater matrix.
Edited by: "spoo" 4th Oct
If not the window, check the chukka and drain pipe that runs water off these are clear of debris. Could be water building up and being siphoned down the side of any pipes or wires. Check all grommets (the silicone suggestion is good for this as it is flexible if you need to remove it).
Thank you! Il look into that
Whilst your at it as a belt & braces" move get some silicone liquid & apply it to plump up your seals (having cleaned them beforehand). I had this in my smart car (notorious) passenger side & theplumper helped considerably, then I found a replacement seal going cheap so, fitted that, 5 minute job with a rubber mallet!

But yup, seal your windscreen get a big dehumidifier in there for a few nights & draw the water out of the carpets / void spaces, lift & squeeze water from them via towels for the wash! ..good luck
Is there a leak through the pollen filter housing?? The old shape Passats had this problem.

if it is then in the engine compartment check all the 'sumps' aren't holding any water - drain holes at the bottom can become blocked with crud and water builds up and leaks through the pollen filter air intake.

Important to sort as wet carpets can lead to corrosion in any electrical cables/harnesses that run through that area - possibly causing all sorts of problems with the alarms/central locking etc.
Edited by: "Van1973" 4th Oct
Ringfinger04/10/2019 16:24

If not the window, check the chukka and drain pipe that runs water off …If not the window, check the chukka and drain pipe that runs water off these are clear of debris. Could be water building up and being siphoned down the side of any pipes or wires. Check all grommets (the silicone suggestion is good for this as it is flexible if you need to remove it).

Agree, bits of leaves and things in the drain pipe can get clogged and cause exactly this problem.
I had a Corsa 54 plate it was leaking water inside behind the break pedal. Common problem with corsa I know you’re is a 306 but maybe check around that area on your car
Edited by: "Mellor" 4th Oct
Van197304/10/2019 16:47

Is there a leak through the pollen filter housing?? The old shape …Is there a leak through the pollen filter housing?? The old shape Passats had this problem. if it is then in the engine compartment check all the 'sumps' aren't holding any water - drain holes at the bottom can become blocked with crud and water builds up and leaks through the pollen filter air intake.Important to sort as wet carpets can lead to corrosion in any electrical cables/harnesses that run through that area - possibly causing all sorts of problems with the alarms/central locking etc.

I had a VW golf that had this problem with the pollen filter and so did my mate, it required some silicone around the housing which cured the problem.
It’s a Peugeot what do you expect !
Sounds like pollen filter
If it has a sunroof the drains could be blocked and the rainwater is finding its way down into the footwell.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants