Car purchase from Stoneacre...

Editor 16
Found 5th Nov 2017Edited by:"BuzzDuraband"
Hey guys, I'm a bit lost as to where I stand here, I know what I have to do, I'm just not sure how it's going to turn out.

I purchased a Nissan Qashqai from Stoneacre around 7 weeks ago and it had to go back to them a week after I bought it, because the engine light became lit. Anyway, when I picked it up off them 5 days later I drove about 2 miles and it came back on again. It went back into them and they had it for 2 weeks and said they’d replaced a sensor.

Anyway, I’ve just been on the motorway today and the engine light and anti-traction lights have both come on. The car feels a little bit worse for wear (replacement for f*****), struggling for power and grindy as hell.

When I purchased the car I took it with a 5 year guarantee with a total repair cost of £8,500 over the 5 year term, but I don't really want to eat into this amount. I first used the repair service with their 30 day drive off of court warranty. Would the last time they touched the car (16 days ago) be included in this 30 day thing, given they've been fixing the same issue for 6 weeks?

They’ve had it for around 3 weeks of the 7 weeks I’ve owned it. Do you think it’s within my rights to take it back again?
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
From my experience, local garages/dealerships have no capacity to deal with these sorts of.compex problems (which are becoming increasingly common given how cars are becoming more reliant on computers) other than a 'quick fix' until you drive off the forecourt. It sounds like there's a serious fault with either your car's wiring or software, that really only Nissan are capable of dealing with. I'd go over their heads with this, if they aren't getting anything done.
Original Poster Editor
DorothyMantoothIsASaint7 m ago

From my experience, local garages/dealerships have no capacity to deal …From my experience, local garages/dealerships have no capacity to deal with these sorts of.compex problems (which are becoming increasingly common given how cars are becoming more reliant on computers) other than a 'quick fix' until you drive off the forecourt. It sounds like there's a serious fault with either your car's wiring or software, that really only Nissan are capable of dealing with. I'd go over their heads with this, if they aren't getting anything done.

Ideally, that would be the perfect scenario and get the quick fix. I did consider taking it to my local garage (a guy I know is decent) and getting it fixed properly and billing Stoneacre for it. I just don't really want to add to my own personal cost when I've already paid out the cost of the car and warranty.

I mean I know it could be fixed under the guarantee, but I'm just wondering if this should be attached to the initial issue one week after purchase?
Edited by: "BuzzDuraband" 5th Nov 2017
If it's the same problem then yes, it should be continued under the original 30 days. Look at it logically, you wouldn't take it in on day one, then leave it there for five weeks and accept that it was now out of warranty, would you?
Use email to contact them, tell them what the issue is and that you will call them to discuss their next course of action. Create a paper trail. Keep records. You may love the car - but you're not married to it. If it looks like its a dog be prepared to drop it back on them. But make that decision quickly.
I would feel uneasy claiming on your guarantee, as that's supposed to be for long term wear and tear, not for major defects with the car (hence the five year duration). I bet you'd have some recourse under the consumer rights act - might be able to get it replaced.
Original Poster Editor
mrty1 m ago

If it's the same problem then yes, it should be continued under the …If it's the same problem then yes, it should be continued under the original 30 days. Look at it logically, you wouldn't take it in on day one, then leave it there for five weeks and accept that it was now out of warranty, would you? Use email to contact them, tell them what the issue is and that you will call them to discuss their next course of action. Create a paper trail. Keep records. You may love the car - but you're not married to it. If it looks like its a dog be prepared to drop it back on them. But make that decision quickly.

DorothyMantoothIsASaint59 s ago

I would feel uneasy claiming on your guarantee, as that's supposed to be …I would feel uneasy claiming on your guarantee, as that's supposed to be for long term wear and tear, not for major defects with the car (hence the five year duration). I bet you'd have some recourse under the consumer rights act - might be able to get it replaced.

This is a question - how long do I actually have to drop it back on them?
Have you looked into your right to reject? I know you normally have to do this within 30 days, but if the dealer has failed to fix an underlying fault I believe you have six months.
BuzzDuraband9 m ago

This is a question - how long do I actually have to drop it back on them?

Seems to be up to six years. This is the best source of info (though I imagine you've already seen it): google.co.uk/amp…amp
DorothyMantoothIsASaint26 m ago

Seems to be up to six years. This is the best source of info (though I …Seems to be up to six years. This is the best source of info (though I imagine you've already seen it): https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/your-rights-if-something-is-wrong-with-your-car/amp

Yes that is correct but after 6 months of ownership the onus is on the consumer to prove the car was sold to them with an inherent fault at the time of purchase, but buzz is not at that stage currently as the onus is on the dealership to prove they did not supply him a faulty car or not
I would not be happy and expect them to rectify the issue seeing as its so close to you purchasing it. You should not be getting issues like this straight away Buzz.
It sounds like a similar issue with my sisters car, local garages just put it on the Computer and hope it goes away only for it to come back My sister had a faulty one on a vw.
Basically buzz it is the diseal filtation system. Your not driving the car fast enough on the motorway. Just had my neighbor tell me that they had that problem on their micra. They say never go with Nissan again. Word of advice get rid of it!
I have the same problem on my Vectra because I only do short journeys. I add some dpf cleaner once a month and go for a blast down the motorway for 30 mins.

32377415-UPTpo.jpg
Original Poster Editor
puddles999931 m ago

Basically buzz it is the diseal filtation system. Your not driving the car …Basically buzz it is the diseal filtation system. Your not driving the car fast enough on the motorway. Just had my neighbor tell me that they had that problem on their micra. They say never go with Nissan again. Word of advice get rid of it!

Darzen22 m ago

I have the same problem on my Vectra because I only do short journeys. I …I have the same problem on my Vectra because I only do short journeys. I add some dpf cleaner once a month and go for a blast down the motorway for 30 mins.[Image]

It's definitely not caused by speed or short journeys guys. It does a fair few motorway miles a week on a regular basis.
BuzzDuraband1 h, 38 m ago

It's definitely not caused by speed or short journeys guys. It does a fair …It's definitely not caused by speed or short journeys guys. It does a fair few motorway miles a week on a regular basis.

You need to know what errors it's been showing when they hook it up to there system.
Do you know anyone with a cheap obd reader?
Which Stoneacres is it ? Not Hyde by any chance.
Speak to Trading Standards as I had a problem with a car, albeit 10 years ago now, and they intervened big time as the garage was dragging their heels. Things might have changed in that time but it doesn’t hurt to ask. I got things sorted in the end but I think having Trading Standards involved helped. Also ask to speak to their Dealer Principal as they’re usually the highest person to speak to over an issue, and mention that you’ve spoken to Trading Standards.
Edited by: "ChrissyBoy" 6th Nov 2017
Original Poster Editor
Well I've took the car in this morning and I can't fault them at all to be fair. They're not dealing with the car themselves and are going to send it somewhere down south (?) and have a Nissan dealership work on the repairs.

I did tell them though that if it has to back again to them within 6 months I won't be taking it away again
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants