CAR QUESTION: Difference Between Lexus IS300 and Lexus IS300h?

Found 19th Sep 2017
Any car GURUs here who can share some light, i am looking at this car model in general to buy but there is s IS300 and 300h both have same specs and are hybrids, am i missing something?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
15 Comments

Original Poster

mrty7 m ago

http://blog.lexus.co.uk/lexus-engine-line-explained/

No mention of the 300 i think it maybe a error on Autotrader

They don't make the IS300 anymore for UK. The h is for hybrid so now it's offically IS300h. What you might find happening if talking about the latest version is people dropping the h part in some articles since it is the only version. Previously the h was used to denote the hybrid versions of each of the models.

Original Poster

cecilmcroberts8 m ago

They don't make the IS300 anymore for UK. The h is for hybrid so now it's …They don't make the IS300 anymore for UK. The h is for hybrid so now it's offically IS300h. What you might find happening if talking about the latest version is people dropping the h part in some articles since it is the only version. Previously the h was used to denote the hybrid versions of each of the models.

Are these problematic cars? Like battery could go wrong etc

abdi1234615 m ago

If you talking about the 2017 model, I beleive that's a new setup so too new to know. If you thinking about one also consider the Infiniti Q50 more or less same car, different badge, though when I was looking around myself the Infiniti had more kit for slightly less money though my down fall was at the time they had no dealerships in Northern Ireland. From memory also one is drive by wire steering and the other isn't. Upon saying that still never yet to actually get to see the Infiniti to compare in the flesh for myself. Although dealership has opened up over here now but I've already made my car purchase so no reason to go for a look yet.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 19th Sep 2017

Original Poster

cecilmcroberts2 m ago

If you talking about the 2017 model, I beleive that's a new setup so too …If you talking about the 2017 model, I beleive that's a new setup so too new to know. If you thinking about one also consider the Infiniti Q50 more or less same car, different badge, though when I was looking around myself the Infiniti had more kit for slightly less money though my down fall was at the time they had no dealerships in Northern Ireland. From memory also one is drive by wire steering and the other isn't.

Thanks for that, im not looking brand new may be 2013 to 2015

abdi1234614 m ago

Thanks for that, im not looking brand new may be 2013 to 2015

If you google around for some owner forums you will get a better idea of any issue with models in those years. Far as my knowledge goes no issues with the engine setups but a few issues with vibration at some speeds on normal road surfaces which apparently was linked to some drive train setup. Other than that just the usual of don't be expecting the MPG they saying and real life seems to be more around the 40 mark (says the one who is lucky to get 18mpg from his current drive not that I care lol) but it really depends how you drive yourself. Personally I'd take a test drive in one as some people don't like the CVT gearbox.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 19th Sep 2017

The letter "h"

Original Poster

cecilmcroberts2 h, 28 m ago

If you google around for some owner forums you will get a better idea of …If you google around for some owner forums you will get a better idea of any issue with models in those years. Far as my knowledge goes no issues with the engine setups but a few issues with vibration at some speeds on normal road surfaces which apparently was linked to some drive train setup. Other than that just the usual of don't be expecting the MPG they saying and real life seems to be more around the 40 mark (says the one who is lucky to get 18mpg from his current drive not that I care lol) but it really depends how you drive yourself. Personally I'd take a test drive in one as some people don't like the CVT gearbox.

Thank you friend, much apprecated.

cecilmcroberts3 h, 16 m ago

If you thinking about one also consider the Infiniti Q50 more or less same …If you thinking about one also consider the Infiniti Q50 more or less same car, different badge

I haven't heard that one before, and can't find any reference to it in a quick search. Can you provide more information?

EndlessWaves14 h, 46 m ago

I haven't heard that one before, and can't find any reference to it in a …I haven't heard that one before, and can't find any reference to it in a quick search. Can you provide more information?

That's because they're actually rebadged Nissan's. They're the luxury division of Nissan, just as Lexus is the luxury division of Toyota. I don't know why he's saying they're the same car underneath.

HondaLad3 h, 44 m ago

That's because they're actually rebadged Nissan's. They're the luxury …That's because they're actually rebadged Nissan's. They're the luxury division of Nissan, just as Lexus is the luxury division of Toyota. I don't know why he's saying they're the same car underneath.

They're not really rebadged Nissans when there aren't any Nissans of the same design. They are NIssan's higher end brand though, which is why I was surprised about the comment about it being the same as the IS.

EndlessWaves2 h, 43 m ago

They're not really rebadged Nissans when there aren't any Nissans of the …They're not really rebadged Nissans when there aren't any Nissans of the same design. They are NIssan's higher end brand though, which is why I was surprised about the comment about it being the same as the IS.

Sorry I'm away on business so no access to my own PC from some research I did a couple of years back when I was considering the brand myself. Again in all honesty I stopped once I found out that we had no dealerships in N.Ireland. Apparently from memory at the time they changed to company owned dealerships only and then changed back (knew they did have a dealership at one time here which explained why it dissapeared at the time). I've found a link from my youtube history with a comparsion and also from memory anything in depth so to speak was always from across the pond in US where the brand has been around longer. I'll forward whatever else I can find when I get home.

Will be sad in saying that it all started from pondering what the Infiniti branding on the Red Bull F1 cars came from, guess I'm proof about creating brand awarness from sport advertising lol.

guideautoweb.com/en/…ls/

abdi1234619th Sep

No
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants