Car Question - What is this?

9 replies
Found 16th Oct 2009
Right, finally got around to checking out a noise coming from my car.

Car is a mk4 Golf 53plate.

Noise appears after about 40-45seconds idling engine and is like a clicking sound.

Anyway, i'm a car-nub so have no idea what it is and cba going to the garage yet so, fellow HUKD'ers...what is this:

(The part is the red rectangled bit)

Oh yeah, not my car in the pic, but it's the same engine bay and that's the part making the clicking sound..is it part of the washer system?

1. Misc
  2. Car
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Car
9 Comments

Original Poster

http://i33.tinypic.com/28buoti.jpg

looks like the inner outlet flange - it may have worked itself loose from the butterfly wheelnut. check under the flimble hood for the clickbar and reconnect.

Banned

cis_groupie;6594207

looks like the inner outlet flange - it may have worked itself loose from … looks like the inner outlet flange - it may have worked itself loose from the butterfly wheelnut. check under the flimble hood for the clickbar and reconnect.

those pesky flanges eh

cis_groupie;6594207

looks like the inner outlet flange - it may have worked itself loose from … looks like the inner outlet flange - it may have worked itself loose from the butterfly wheelnut. check under the flimble hood for the clickbar and reconnect.

you lost me there :roll:

Original Poster

*facepalm* not the flange :O

Is that where the clicking is coming from?

Looks like power steering or brake fluid resevoir to me.

Your washer pump will be below the resevoir which is the white thing in front of the rectangle

R u sure its not a bomb

http://www.h4x3d.com/feat/themes/bomb.jpg

Original Poster

Found it. It's an EGR Valve...thanks

i think it might be the tappets, usually happens when you first start the car up on a cold day
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?993251
    2. word association Game74244916
    3. Add one, leave one game54415442
    4. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604813

See more discussions