Groups

car radio issue

Hi all

I have a VW polo 9n3 with stock radio

Radio works fine, screen lights up when lights are on but no text on the screen

The text comes and goes randomly

What could it be?

6 Comments

broken?

Dry joint on the cable connecting display to main board

Original Poster

wolf359

Dry joint on the cable connecting display to main board

How can I fix it? Sometime it shows up sometimes it doesn't it randomly just does it and has never happened before since yesterday

I have these thoughts So often I ought To replace that slot With what I once bought 'Cause somebody stole My car radio And now I just sit in silence

WestMidlands

How can I fix it? Sometime it shows up sometimes it doesn't it randomly … How can I fix it? Sometime it shows up sometimes it doesn't it randomly just does it and has never happened before since yesterday

You'd have to open it up, strip it down until you see the connector and carefully remake each joint with a soldering iron, or if it's a plug and socket then it may (unlikely) just be loose

Original Poster

wolf359

You'd have to open it up, strip it down until you see the connector and … You'd have to open it up, strip it down until you see the connector and carefully remake each joint with a soldering iron, or if it's a plug and socket then it may (unlikely) just be loose

I took the cd out in there, same cd I've had known there since march 2007.

All working fine now
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767382
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2469
      3. 5am gym crew20131
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1319

See more discussions