Groups

Car rams pedestrians in NY Times Sq

Hope all is ok, live cams all switched off

Top comments

You can almost sense the disappointment in Misc that it was just a drunk driver.

So much hate will have to be kept bottled up for a little longer now.

Driver wasn't shot during apprehension, so clearly not dark skinned.

WOW ! Massive story being carried on all UK news channels. A simple car crash in NewYork ? Really X)

There was a car crash in Edinburgh today that rightly didnt make the tv news as was probably the case in most cities and towns today across Britain.

Why are we obsessed with happens in the US and dont seem to give a monkeys about whats happening in our country.

As an example we havent seen any news about the dozen or so people being stabbed in London in the last fortnight.

I guess they just care about us ?

J4GG4

Seems the driver could of been drunk due to his previous drink driving … Seems the driver could of been drunk due to his previous drink driving convictions.

More likely to be drunk due to consuming an excessive amount of alcohol.
    47 Comments

Original Poster

http://e3.365dm.com/17/05/736x414/8e3978825b6c93280e9858668c40e564b0ccdca935200d2678be263a053a4efc_3956943.jpg?20170518171144

At least one dead

Edited by: "OllieSt" 18th May

At least 10 injured, possibly 1 death.

Unconfirmed reports of other locations along the vehicles route with further injured persons....

Usual in Israel, exported and copied by terrorists in the West, usual haters of the West blame the West instead of the real killers ... those who hold the knife or drive the car/van/truck.

davewave

Usual in Israel, exported and copied by terrorists in the West, usual … Usual in Israel, exported and copied by terrorists in the West, usual haters of the West blame the West instead of the real killers ... those who hold the knife or drive the car/van/truck.

Sky have just reported that police have said its not terrorism related...

Time will tell I guess.

Always room for people to make idiots of themselves on social media by jumping to conclusions.

Hopefully no-one is seriously injured but makes sense to remember that idiots are still capable of causing accidents and not everything is terrorism.

miikeyblue

Sky have just reported that police have said its not terrorism … Sky have just reported that police have said its not terrorism related...Time will tell I guess.

time will tell...another 'accident' is bound to recur after Westminster 'accident'

NBC reports 26 year old male with previous convictions for DWI..

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Always room for people to make idiots of themselves on social media by … Always room for people to make idiots of themselves on social media by jumping to conclusions.Hopefully no-one is seriously injured but makes sense to remember that idiots are still capable of causing accidents and not everything is terrorism.

​No, this can only be blamed on one certain religion and means everyone who associates themselves with said religion must be locked up - these people have a habit of drink driving and drug problems.
    Edited by: "jayman1986" 18th May

Seems the driver could of been drunk due to his previous drink driving convictions.

J4GG4

Seems the driver could of been drunk due to his previous drink driving … Seems the driver could of been drunk due to his previous drink driving convictions.

More likely to be drunk due to consuming an excessive amount of alcohol.

WOW ! Massive story being carried on all UK news channels. A simple car crash in NewYork ? Really X)

There was a car crash in Edinburgh today that rightly didnt make the tv news as was probably the case in most cities and towns today across Britain.

Why are we obsessed with happens in the US and dont seem to give a monkeys about whats happening in our country.

As an example we havent seen any news about the dozen or so people being stabbed in London in the last fortnight.

I guess they just care about us ?

hooray.henry

WOW ! Massive story being carried on all UK news channels. A simple car … WOW ! Massive story being carried on all UK news channels. A simple car crash in NewYork ? Really X)There was a car crash in Edinburgh today that rightly didnt make the tv news as was probably the case in most cities and towns today across Britain.Why are we obsessed with happens in the US and dont seem to give a monkeys about whats happening in our country.As an example we havent seen any news about the dozen or so people being stabbed in London in the last fortnight.I guess they just care about us ?

People get stabbed in London all the time. Car crashes in one of the most famous places on Earth are far more rare.

Alas for certain members of Misc this would appear to have nothing to do with Islamic terrorism. I bet you're really disappointed

qbs

That seems a pretty racist comment.

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

People get stabbed in London all the time. Car crashes in one of the most … People get stabbed in London all the time. Car crashes in one of the most famous places on Earth are far more rare.

Your all heart, maybe you would like to tell that to the grieving family members

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

People get stabbed in London all the time. Car crashes in one of the most … People get stabbed in London all the time. Car crashes in one of the most famous places on Earth are far more rare.

​would that be the same London you were singing the praises of ?

hooray.henry

Your all heart, maybe you would like to tell that to the grieving family … Your all heart, maybe you would like to tell that to the grieving family members

Why? Do they need obvious points about how the media works explaining to them too?

You can almost sense the disappointment in Misc that it was just a drunk driver.

So much hate will have to be kept bottled up for a little longer now.

qbs

Because let me guess... "Brack Lyves Mutter"?

Towelie

You can almost sense the disappointment in Misc that it was just a drunk … You can almost sense the disappointment in Misc that it was just a drunk driver. So much hate will have to be kept bottled up for a little longer now.

I have a feeling we won't be kept waiting long. We're overdue another attack now, aren't we?

Towelie

You can almost sense the disappointment in Misc that it was just a drunk … You can almost sense the disappointment in Misc that it was just a drunk driver. So much hate will have to be kept bottled up for a little longer now.

You'd have to be pretty drunk to drive on the sidewalk for three blocks and not notice.

so what makes the London guy a terrorist and this one not a terrorist they both carried out similar crimes. is it literally the religion they follow or don't follow?

they both terrorised the pedestrians and they both ended up killing someone and injuring others.

in guessing as he was ex navy they'll say something along the lines of he was suffering ptsd.

adhkarzf

so what makes the London guy a terrorist and this one not a terrorist … so what makes the London guy a terrorist and this one not a terrorist they both carried out similar crimes. is it literally the religion they follow or don't follow?they both terrorised the pedestrians and they both ended up killing someone and injuring others. in guessing as he was ex navy they'll say something along the lines of he was suffering ptsd.

ptsd? That's not how you spell it.

adhkarzf

so what makes the London guy a terrorist and this one not a terrorist … so what makes the London guy a terrorist and this one not a terrorist they both carried out similar crimes. is it literally the religion they follow or don't follow?they both terrorised the pedestrians and they both ended up killing someone and injuring others. in guessing as he was ex navy they'll say something along the lines of he was suffering ptsd.

Well broadly speaking its the intent, if you just want to kill​ all humans not a terrorist, if your a idiot not a terrorist, if you want to kill all humans for some reason thats the same as a few other people and you've all been in contact in some way, terrorist.

Banned

who knows if the other run overs were carried out by drink drivers because it appears that the police know this male is a ex army so he cant be labeled a terrorist and he wasn't brown.
    must be suffering from mental issues after iraq war too

adhkarzf

The definition of terrorism makes the London attack terrorism.
    Edited by: "catbeans" 19th May

iwashere2000

who knows if the other run overs were carried out by drink drivers … who knows if the other run overs were carried out by drink drivers because it appears that the police know this male is a ex army so he cant be labeled a terrorist and he wasn't brown. must be suffering from mental issues after iraq war too

"Terrorism is, in its broadest sense, the use of intentionally indiscriminate violence as a means to create terror or fear, in order to achieve a political, religious, or ideological aim."

Any sighting of possible nudity and premature ejaculation ensues with a wet patch terror in his pants.

catbeans

"Terrorism is, in its broadest sense, the use of intentionally … "Terrorism is, in its broadest sense, the use of intentionally indiscriminate violence as a means to create terror or fear, in order to achieve a political, religious, or ideological aim."

What impact does this definition classification do for the dead (estate) and for the survivors?

splender

What impact does this definition classification do for the dead (estate) … What impact does this definition classification do for the dead (estate) and for the survivors?

Nothing, I never said it did. I was answering a question/replying to a statement.

According to Reuters, he said after being arrested: "You were supposed to shoot me! I wanted to kill them."

Seems very much like something a terrorist would say?

Banned

davewave

According to Reuters, he said after being arrested: "You were supposed to … According to Reuters, he said after being arrested: "You were supposed to shoot me! I wanted to kill them."Seems very much like something a terrorist would say?

​omg really? shocking, so why didn't the Americans shoot him like they usually shoot people in crimes etc etc

davewave

According to Reuters, he said after being arrested: "You were supposed to … According to Reuters, he said after being arrested: "You were supposed to shoot me! I wanted to kill them."Seems very much like something a terrorist would say?

Seems like something the suicidal would say to me.

davewave

​Sounds very much like an Islamic Terrorist!!

Live cams off, what a cover up!

In the days of facebook live murders, rapes and torture the only reason goverment would turn of lives cams is to gain control of how something is reported out side the immediate area.

here's what I don't get all these car ram guys were killed before they could be arrested as far as I'm aware. I don't actually follow the news too much if I'm honest rather busy for that. so after they die isis claims responsibility even if they've never heard of them before. nothing stopping them to do so as the dead can't talk unless they leave a suicide note or something saying the opposite. so this guy has survived isis can't take responsibility but had he died I get the feeling isis would have said he was their guy or something along the lines taking the glory. there would be some random link to extremism which we'd all swallow pretty much.

just a thought but that's bugging me how isis take responsibility for all attacks where the perpetrators die and fit a certain profile.

splender

Any sighting of possible nudity and premature ejaculation ensues with a … Any sighting of possible nudity and premature ejaculation ensues with a wet patch terror in his pants.

What?

adhkarzf

here's what I don't get all these car ram guys were killed before they … here's what I don't get all these car ram guys were killed before they could be arrested as far as I'm aware. I don't actually follow the news too much if I'm honest rather busy for that. so after they die isis claims responsibility even if they've never heard of them before. nothing stopping them to do so as the dead can't talk unless they leave a suicide note or something saying the opposite. so this guy has survived isis can't take responsibility but had he died I get the feeling isis would have said he was their guy or something along the lines taking the glory. there would be some random link to extremism which we'd all swallow pretty much. just a thought but that's bugging me how isis take responsibility for all attacks where the perpetrators die and fit a certain profile.

They never claimed the Germanwing's plane suicide crash, that would've been a big one. Your theory is flawed.

davewave

Ooh, keep going Dave. Most people would've simply acknowledged they might have been wrong but you're committed to this being terrorism aren't you? X)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1839
      2. Apples new update59
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047078
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553746

See more discussions