Groups

car registration

Hi
    I am buying a car from private seller
    he owns the car but saying that he didn't registered it in his name for almost a year
    can i buy that car what's the risk?
    many thanks

9 Comments

Might be stolen, done a hpi check?

bbc.co.uk/blo…tml
    Edited by: "lilraul" 12th May 2011

It's not his car?
    what's to stop me from selling my neighbors car?

I wouldn't even consider buying it if it's not registered to him. Have you even seen the log book. What details are on it ie address etc.

Banned

He's probably a trader masquerading as a private seller.

I've sold dozens of cars that are not registered to me that I bought at auction.

Get the name of the registered keeper on the log book and phone them and enquire why and how the sold it.

Or there's something wrong with the car.

Original Poster

thanks guys

Dealer pretending to be a private seller is a bit dodgy too. Don't have as much comeback against that compared to a dealer.

Personally I would be suspicous but if everything checks out like VINs and the log book and previous owner etc. etc. then might be fine. I would just check everything first to have peice of mind.

if he has had it a year and not registered it how has he taxed and insured the car or is it off sorn sounds dodgy either way

If he's the owner and hasn't registered it for a year he's breaking the law for a start...personally I would avoid like the plague!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?2597
      2. Free Sky Sports Day Pass if anyone wants it33
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764427
      4. O2 priority £1 lunch to end for good11

See more discussions