Car repair cost

Posted 3rd Mar
Just a quickie. I got my friends vauxhall corsa repaired by a garage I goto often but he says the final was a bit too much.
On a corsa 2012 he changed bush arm, bearing and did the tracking which came to £374.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
SXI model
It's not a main dealer garage but also its not backstreet type either.

40034224-NWFU8.jpg
Edited by: "Joey.Bloggsy" 3rd Mar
Image suggets labour only, so would help if the hourly << Rate >> was stated/known, although I suspect the line item totals includes parts / sundries.
Front tracking at £39 is not uncommon although can be obtained cheaper; HF front tracking / alignment is typically £32 halfords.com/tyr…tml
That was total cost

He first changed the bush arm and took for a test drive when he said the bearing needs changing aswell.
Edited by: "Joey.Bloggsy" 3rd Mar
Well at a guess I would say about £50-£60 per hour labour costs. Approx 4-5 hours seems a bit long but not far off
Wow that's ridiculous, I got front bushes changed on my wife's 2003 Corsa for £120 recently from our local garage.

In fact didn't cost me much more last year to have them changed on my mondeo

Edit: was rear ones on mine

Repair immediately (major defects):
Nearside Rear Suspension arm pin or bush excessively worn trailing arm bush (5.3.4 (a) (i))
Offside Rear Suspension arm pin or bush excessively worn trailing arm bush
Edited by: "Sc4mp0" 3rd Mar
The joys of being able to do all these jobs myself (minus the tracking). I'd say parts should be around £60 and maximum 3 hours labour. The tracking price is about right. If I went to a garage i'd expect to pay between £260 - £300 for it all. But they may of used more expensive parts.
Sc4mp003/03/2020 17:29

Wow that's ridiculous, I got front bushes changed on my wife's 2003 Corsa …Wow that's ridiculous, I got front bushes changed on my wife's 2003 Corsa for £120 recently from our local garage.In fact didn't cost me much more last year to have them changed on my mondeoEdit: was rear ones on mineRepair immediately (major defects):Nearside Rear Suspension arm pin or bush excessively worn trailing arm bush (5.3.4 (a) (i))Offside Rear Suspension arm pin or bush excessively worn trailing arm bush

£10 rubber bushes are different to the entire wishbone/suspension arm which has all the bushes on and thus costs more.
They do use genuine parts, I’m guessing it’s not a complete rip of then and it’s just the labour costs that pump the price up.

Thanks for the help guys n gals and anyone undecided
moral of the event is to make sure you get a price up front and if you are happy with it then you will be happy paying it.
Looks an alrite price tbh but the invoice is horrendous. Not itemised properly with parts etc
£170 for a wheel bearing jesus christ! And £165 for a suspension arm is pricey, parts probably £60.
Total for all that I'd have said £200
Ridiculous if that's just labour charge. Bearings are easy on Vauxhalls. I'd expect 1-2 hours labour max maybe even less.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 3rd Mar
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants