Car repair via insurance not satisfactory

Posted 1st Mar
After a car repair by an insurance approved garage the car is in a worst condition now than pre accident.

I have contacted insurance and they have requested the car is returned to the garage for checks/rectification.

From what I can see I don’t trust the garage can do a better job and don’t really want to take it back.

What is my best route ahead 😩

3415555.jpg
3415555-ZmKZ9.jpg

3415555-lgLcq.jpg

3415555.jpg

3415555.jpg
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

12 Comments
Did a person inspect your car to determine what repairs were needed, that's who I'd be talking to
esar01/03/2020 10:52

Did a person inspect your car to determine what repairs were needed, …Did a person inspect your car to determine what repairs were needed, that's who I'd be talking to

Hi
It was only inspected by the repairer.
DanHenson01/03/2020 10:54

Hi It was only inspected by the repairer.

Go back and ask manager for copy of report sent to insurance, things might have been left off, and tell them you're following issuance company instructions.
Ask for explanation of why some things went undone
esar01/03/2020 11:18

Go back and ask manager for copy of report sent to insurance, things might …Go back and ask manager for copy of report sent to insurance, things might have been left off, and tell them you're following issuance company instructions.Ask for explanation of why some things went undone

Cheers

I have been told that the repair has been completed to insurance standard and it will never be in a pre accident condition unless they change the boot floor and they said that would cost 1000s on a car that is only worth 3500
DanHenson01/03/2020 11:20

Cheers I have been told that the repair has been completed to insurance …Cheers I have been told that the repair has been completed to insurance standard and it will never be in a pre accident condition unless they change the boot floor and they said that would cost 1000s on a car that is only worth 3500

Tell them you want the 3500
Complain back to the insurance company and insist it doesn’t go back to an accident repair centre. The repairs are sub standard and you should not accept your car back in that condition regardless of age/value
The prep under that paint is a joke and the gap to the right goes from 5mm to 1 mm, i can see why you dont want it to go back to them a trainee would do better at college, as for the underneath hidden parts I'd say thats left the car weaker in a future accident.
However the procedure will be give it back to the garage and if its not right after that then the insurance will send an inspector and if found to be unacceptable then they will send it elsewhere or take different action.
The garage would of been paid for the job now and thats why its their responsibility
Edited by: "Mark_Hickman" 1st Mar
Absolutely right from the above posters. Go back to the insurer and explain the situation, you aren't content with the job and it needs fixed. They may ask you to take it back to the centre for this to be redone - but in all likelihood they'll seek another garage for you. I found myself in a similar position a year or two ago - paintwork was fine initially but started warping/bubbling at the edges. Informed the insurer who advised the work was still under warranty. Took it back to the first garage who re-did the job and it was perfect. I got a voucher for the inconvenience, but in reality I didn't mind that much - the process was smooth.
I had a similar issues a few years back, complained to the insurer , outlined my concerns, sent them pictures etc , they arranged for an independent assessment of the work already done. The assessor agreed it was sub standard and the insurance arranged for the same garage to rectify the work at their own cost which they did.
Wasn't happy about going back to the same garage but the insurance refused to let me take it elsewhere, anyway came back satisfactory in the end .
I had a very similar problem with a repair done by a Ford main dealer, I complained to the dealership who said it was a good repair and the colour match was acceptable.
Got in touch with the insurance company who arranged for an accessor to meet me at the dealership and after looking at the car for a few seconds told the body shop manager to do it properly, the final job was perfect.
Edited by: "PaulandPam" 1st Mar
Book the vehicle into a different garage .
Pay for a mot ( ask the tester to check if the rest floor is legal ) if he fails it send the fail slip to your insurance and the previous garage
(You cannot argue with a mot fail slip)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants