Groups

Car runs over dozens of people in Melbourne

(3 Dead) now 4 Dead

theguardian.com/aus…ive

Police saying not terrorism but we'll see.

14 Comments

"Police believe it was a deliberate act, coming at the end of a suspended police chase, and have confirmed it had no links to terrorism.

Witnesses reported the man doing burnouts and doughnuts near Flinders St station, leaning out of his window and yelling at bystanders.

It’s believed the man was involved in a stabbing at Windsor early this morning. Police allege he and his brother fought at a house, and their mother was also assaulted.

The man left the scene and was driving a car with a woman beside him, initially believed to be a hostage. She got out of the car at Bolte bridge before he drove into the city.

The man is known to police, with an “extensive” background of family violence, and known mental health issues, and drug use."

If it ain't terrorism, can't help thinking that recent events ain't give him the idea?

Original Poster

Suspect interrupts live news report, you can see him in the background

Your text here

http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article9656904.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Melbourne-driver-filmed-interrupting-TV-news-report-hours-before-deliberately-ploughing-into-pedestr.jpg
    Edited by: "airfix" 20th Jan

Even when the police shoot the offender after he's mown down dozens of people and killed a baby it's still bigger news than the actual act. Ridiculous

:(.

bogan on meth I think, not jihadi

terrorismˈtɛrərɪzəm/Submitnounthe unlawful use of violence and inti … terrorismˈtɛrərɪzəm/Submitnounthe unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims."the fight against terrorism"

Apparently there were some stabbings earlier and this was in response to said stabbings
    And the bogan is named as Dimitrious Gargasoulas << note your average Ozzy names here
    and to add
    http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article9657062.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/JDP_MDG_200117411JPG.jpg
    Questions whether it's a hobby or other
    And re-questions the term Terrorism and it's definition

Thinking political correctness has gone too far
    Edited by: "philphil61" 20th Jan

Sad to see a new trend developing with cars and trucks being used as weapons to carry out "suspected" terrorist attacks. I wonder how long before every major shopping / high street will have to be totally pedestrianised to prevent such attacks. I've just read a couple of news articles that state that Dimitrious Gargasoula is Greek (Kurdish) Muslim that was witnessed burning a Bible a couple of days ago as well as posting various religious themed comments on Facebook. Reading between the lines it does seem that this individual has flipped out and went on a rampage, using religion as an excuse. I could be wrong though.

Instead of branding things as 'terrorism' I'd much prefer it if the newspapers/tv reports were far more clinical in the reporting. Name the dead, numbers and known surrounding events, name the acts the person committed without opinion. Too often the actual facts are being hidden and a narrative projected.

Banned

probably suffering from mental health as usual

philphil61

Apparently there were some stabbings earlier and this was in response to … Apparently there were some stabbings earlier and this was in response to said stabbingsAnd the bogan is named as Dimitrious Gargasoulas << note your average Ozzy names hereand to addQuestions whether it's a hobby or otherAnd re-questions the term Terrorism and it's definitionThinking political correctness has gone too far

Not sure what you're getting at with the Aussie names comment Phil, please explain yourself.

Anyone found the names of the people yet please? I have family there.

moneysavingkitten

Not sure what you're getting at with the Aussie names comment Phil, … Not sure what you're getting at with the Aussie names comment Phil, please explain yourself.Anyone found the names of the people yet please? I have family there.

The media and the governments want to divert any attempt to call this a terrorist attack

And if you believe that it isn't a terrorist attack then no matter what I reply it will not answer your question.

philphil61

The media and the governments want to divert any attempt to call this a … The media and the governments want to divert any attempt to call this a terrorist attackAnd if you believe that it isn't a terrorist attack then no matter what I reply it will not answer your question.

That's an utterly bizarre response. Have you ever been to Melbourne?

if there is a link to terrorism they'll find it but he was driving around in circles at that junction for quite a while goading the police like a joyrider, loads of pedestrians there & he wasn't trying to hit any of them
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free JackpotJoy Plate56
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717

See more discussions