Car Scrape repair

Posted 20th Oct
Hi,

my wife’s scraped the front bumper of her Peugeot on a wall, we’re looking at changing the car so just wanted to minimise how obvious it looks. Could anyone recommend a DIY way of fixing this? T cut? I know it won’t go completely and in a couple of places it gone down to the plastic....I just want to make it look less obvious :/

3312219.jpg
any advice would be appreciated!

Dan
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
I wouldn’t bother, anything you do without replacing the bumper will just make it look worse.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 20th Oct
If anything is damaged please be sure to inform the next owner
G3 Scratch Remover Paste worked for me before, not sure about the bumper but those marks on the body itself should go away
Edited by: "Myriad" 20th Oct
It looks like it's scarred into the actual bodywork so not just a case of paint repair.
Have a look on ebay etc and see if you can find a bumper in the same colour. Than just replace
Fill it with bondo, sand and respray. But you're just as likely to hash it up. I would just reduce the sale price by a couple of hundred and chock it up to stupidity. At least the car will be honest. I'd walk away from a car that has been repaired fearing that some heavy damage had been done. If it's done badly it will stick out like a sore thum.
Edited by: "Maggy1234" 20th Oct
Bit of T-cut to smooth it out the. A bit of Colour Magic polish on the white. Not a perfect repair but makes it less of an eye sore without being overly overt it it.
Myriad20/10/2019 14:35

G3 Scratch Remover Paste worked for me before, not sure about the bumper …G3 Scratch Remover Paste worked for me before, not sure about the bumper but those marks on the body itself should go away

Yes, I got rid of worse scratches than pictured with G3, although not sure about the black trim as it doesn't look painted. Maybe shoe polish?
It depends on the age of the car and where you’re getting rid of it. If it’s relatively new it might have a bigger impact on the value, but if you try and hide it, it may backfire. A dealer/car supermarket, will give the car a check over, some more thoroughly than others, you could take it when it’s a bit dirty and during the rain as most salesmen won’t want to stand around getting wet and rain drops hide a multitude of sins.

If you’re selling private, just be the better person, accept its your fault and drop a bit off the asking price to cover the repair (or just get a local garage to fix it). I doubt you would like it if you bought a new car only to find some stain had hid some damage... it’s a pretty scummy thing to do
I bet it was the walls fault.
perrioli22/10/2019 15:23

I bet it was the walls fault.

Is that what you told your wife when she noticed the damage after you'd used the car?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants