Groups

Car Scrappage Scheme

Does anyone have any information on the Government car scrappage scheme? I definitely want to take advantage of it but I can't afford to right now. I will be moving into a better job soon, so should be able to afford it in about a year or so.

Can anyone tell me how long it is going to last?

12 Comments

The goverment set aside a sum of money for the scheme and when this runs out it will stop. I think you will be too late in a year but good luck

direct.gov.uk/en/…693

check above

More here:

direct.gov.uk/en/…693

Seems it is due to finish March 2010, but of course if the economy is still bad, and the goverment money has not run out, they may extend it.

You car must have been first registered in 31st August 1999, and you must have owned it for a year.

You may find, in this current economic climate, car outlets are likely to give you large discounts, or a generous amount for your trade in car, just to make a sale, so you dont HAVE to take advantage of the scrappage scheme.

btw A quick search in Google for "Car scrappage scheme" would have quickly found that site above.

That is all I did, and that is probably all gr8h8me did.

Google is an excellent way of finding almost anything.

guilbert53;6101589

More … More here:http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/BuyingAndSellingAVehicle/AdviceOnBuyingAndSellingAVehicle/DG_177693Seems it is due to finish March 2010, but of course if the economy is still bad, and the goverment money has not run out, they may extend it.You car must have been first registered in 31st August 1999, and you must have owned it for a year.You may find, in this current economic climate, car outlets are likely to give you large discounts, or a generous amount for your trade in car, just to make a sale, so you dont HAVE to take advantage of the scrappage scheme.

same link as mine lol

guilbert53;6101607

btw A quick search in Google for "Car scrappage scheme" would have … btw A quick search in Google for "Car scrappage scheme" would have quickly found that site above.That is all I did, and that is probably all gr8h8me did.Google is an excellent way of finding almost anything.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

As someone who works in the Motor Trade, even if the Govt. money runs out before March 2010, DO expect manufacurers to extend it through their own schemes. Possibly also likely to reduce some of the rules and regs.

some companies already have their own in place. IIRC one of the major manufacturers offer it to 8 year old cars and not 10. i'm picking up a new i10es next month through the scrappage and the process was simple.

kyalion;6101647

As someone who works in the Motor Trade, even if the Govt. money runs out … As someone who works in the Motor Trade, even if the Govt. money runs out before March 2010, DO expect manufacurers to extend it through their own schemes. Possibly also likely to reduce some of the rules and regs.

Read; They may reduce the increases that they have added since the scrappage scheme started, :roll:

Inactive;6101775

Read; They may reduce the increases that they have added since the scrappage … Read; They may reduce the increases that they have added since the scrappage scheme started, :roll:

I'm confused about what it is you're saying. :thinking:

kyalion;6102022

I'm confused about what it is you're saying. :thinking:

Nothing confusing, most manufacturers have increased prices of new cars by a significant margin since the start of the scrappage scheme, effectively milking the system.

They will no doubt be forced to reduce these increases, once the scrappage scheme ends.

Inactive;6102474

Nothing confusing, most manufacturers have increased prices of new cars … Nothing confusing, most manufacturers have increased prices of new cars by a significant margin since the start of the scrappage scheme, effectively milking the system.They will no doubt be forced to reduce these increases, once the scrappage scheme ends.

Now I understand. The reason they have gone up recently, is more to do with the exchange rates of the Euro and the Dollar. It coincides with scrappage, but that's an unfortunate coincidence.

All the above may be true...
    but i did get another £1050 off the price of my new car.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764171
      2. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2955
      3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 891819
      4. Sad news about Barcelona24112

See more discussions