Car Scratch removal kit.

Posted 27th Dec 2019
Can anyone recommend a scratch removal kit
Got some light scratches up the side of my car due to a driver in middle of road last night. There not deep and no dents, is it best to buff out with a machine or Tcut or both.
Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

17 Comments
When you rub your fingernail over it, do you feel it?
Machine polish is ideal as it would permanently remove them.
Mist hand polished fill in the crevices in the scratches and over time the filler element fades and scratched are back.
For a simple but effective way.
Use autoglymm super resin polish.
Use a sponge applicator and really work it into the scratches.
Follow this by autoglymm gloss.
This will seal the polish and keep the filler intact for longer period
What machine do you have?
MadeDixonsCry27/12/2019 11:27

When you rub your fingernail over it, do you feel it?

Only on a couple of them
adamderak27/12/2019 11:44

What machine do you have?

I don’t have a machine as yet. Was thinking of buying a 12 V one so I can use when waxing it also
supplyuk27/12/2019 11:49

I don’t have a machine as yet. Was thinking of buying a 12 V one so I can u …I don’t have a machine as yet. Was thinking of buying a 12 V one so I can use when waxing it also

They are hopeless. Don't bother. A dual action machine on the other hand is a different story
Use the hand application using the above method.
Autoglymn SRP is OK for very fine scratches/swirls but for anything more significant, I'd recommend G3 Pro. I've had some scratches which looked pretty bad on black/dark coloured cars and this made a massive difference, getting rid of most of the damage - you really had to know where to look to see any slight defect. Some of the recent reviews on the link below are poor but I can only speak from experience and using the G3 Waffle Pads to apply the liquid, I've had great results.

amazon.co.uk/G3-…A0/
Edited by: "rd07" 27th Dec 2019
rd0727/12/2019 12:03

Autoglymn SRP is OK for very fine scratches/swirls but for anything more …Autoglymn SRP is OK for very fine scratches/swirls but for anything more significant, I'd recommend G3 Pro. I've had some scratches which looked pretty bad on black/dark coloured cars and this made a massive difference, getting rid of most of the damage - you really had to know where to look to see any slight defect. Some of the recent reviews on the link below are poor but I can only speak from experience and using the G3 Waffle Pads to apply the liquid, I've had great results.https://www.amazon.co.uk/G3-Pro-7164-Professional-Scratch/dp/B004RAUJA0/

Would you recommend the liquid or the paste.
supplyuk27/12/2019 12:10

Would you recommend the liquid or the paste.

I used the liquid. You don't need much, just follow the instructions and be patient. Make sure the panels you are working on are clean, start slowly and use light pressure, wiping the panel every so often so you can see progress.
I find T-Cut too aggressive, I personally use Meguiars Ultimate Compound and then use Meguiars Ultimate Polish these are for very light scratches, swirl marks etc, if the scratches are deeper try Farecela range of compounds that suites the job.
Cheers. Think il try the liquid first and see what happens
So, this is what you do :
Use a wet wipe to clean the surface
Use a microfibre towel to dry it
Apply MEGUIARS ULTIMATE COMPOUND with a foam pad and scrub as hard as you can
Use a microfibre towel to wipe it off
Your light scratches will be gone!
rd0727/12/2019 12:03

Autoglymn SRP is OK for very fine scratches/swirls but for anything more …Autoglymn SRP is OK for very fine scratches/swirls but for anything more significant, I'd recommend G3 Pro. I've had some scratches which looked pretty bad on black/dark coloured cars and this made a massive difference, getting rid of most of the damage - you really had to know where to look to see any slight defect. Some of the recent reviews on the link below are poor but I can only speak from experience and using the G3 Waffle Pads to apply the liquid, I've had great results.https://www.amazon.co.uk/G3-Pro-7164-Professional-Scratch/dp/B004RAUJA0/

That stuff is fantastic, Removed loads of scratches on my cars over the last few years.
I’ve bought the G3 from Halfords today with the waffle pads. How hard should I press and how much water should I use, do I keep it as a powdery paste or a slightly watery paste. Go back and forth and up and down as it says or in a circular motion or both
Start lightly and gradually increase pressure if you need to. I’m sure there are video guides on YouTube - worth ten minutes of your time watching before starting.

Follow the instructions - straight lines, not circular motion.
If the above fails, try t-cut metallic and not the original red one.
Has an initial 20 min on it and got to say has worked well, have to look really hard to nice where they were, going to try it on some scratches that a car wash caused a while ago.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions